The following are some sites you may find useful for career exploration, including current internship and employment opportunities.
Job Search Resources
- Career Center at UC Berkeley – many resources including their Job & Internship Guide
- East Bay Works! – Network of job centers, economic developers, support service providers and educational entities, provide benefits and services to employers, job seekers and youth, aged 16-24.
- Glassdoor – Search all the open positions on the web. Get your own personalized salary estimate. Read reviews on over 600,000 companies worldwide.
- Indeed.com – Find million of jobs around the Bay Area and many more locations!
- Instawork – Local job site in the Bay Area helping small businesses hire full-time and part-time workers.
- Localwise – Discover awesome jobs at local businesses. Hundreds of restaurants, boutiques, bookstores, salons, fitness studios, nonprofits, and more are hiring near you!
- Monster Jobs – Monster can help you find the best jobs, employers and career advice.
- Neuvoo – Neuvoo is a free job search that indexes jobs directly from companies’ career websites, placement agencies and job boards.
- The TemPositions Group of Companies – Convention services division is looking for customer service savvy people to join their team of Professional Staff (Temporary job).
- USA JOBS – SHAPE AMERICA’S FUTURE!
- Ziprecruiter – Search for jobs hiring in your area using ZipRecruiter’s job search engine – the best way to find a job. Find jobs hiring near you and apply with just 1 click.
Current Job Opportunities
- Amazon Driver – Now are hiring F/T and P/T Amazon Drivers.
- City of Berkeley, Police Aide – Part-time position available for students currently enrolled in 6 semester units. Suitable for students interested in exploring a career in law enforcement. Must maintain satisfactory academic standing (C average or better) during employment.
- Colonial Life Health Insurance – Sales Position available. Applicant must be energetic and ready to help build a business. Previous sales experience is preferred, and a Life and Health Insurance License is required (but can be attained during the on-boarding process).
- Family Radio – On-Call Network Control Operator. Applicant must have a high school diploma, excellent writing and reading skills, proper phone etiquette, and at least a High School Diploma. Deadline: July 11th
- Homebridge Recruitment Coordinator – Full time position available in San Francisco, CA. Ideal for those interested in launching a career in Recruiting or HR. Must be comfortable in an office environment and have the ability to deal with high-volume phone calls, data entry, fast paced projects, conflicting deadlines, and heavy communication. Multilingual (Spanish/Cantonese) candidates are preferred.
- MapLight Nonprofit – Looking for researcher for Data department, who will be documenting evidence of support or opposition to legislation taken by businesses, trade groups, unions, and other interested organizations. Located on Shattuck Ave. in Berkeley CA.
- YMCA Administrative Assistant, Volunteer Specialist – Flexible part-time position at the Downtown Berkeley YMCA, ideal for college students. Must have a high school diploma or GED, a minimum of two years of related experience, proven communication skills, and the ability to work independently. Duties will include recruiting volunteers, maintaining and organizing volunteer personnel files, and more.
- DoorDash – Make $30+ an hour with DoorDash Right Now! Highly flexible – you get to be your own boss. Work whenever you want and earn up to $1500/week (you keep 100% of the tips). Money is deposited into your bank account every week. Apply to start driving today, it only takes a few minutes!
- Luggage Porters – part-time and full-time paid positions available.
- Merch Monster – Hybrid Customer Service/Marketing role available in Oakland, $14 / hour starting wage.
- Peet’s Coffee and Tea – Assistant Store Manager position available at Berkeley location.
- AVID Tutor SF – paid hourly to work as an AVID tutor at San Francisco Unified School District.
- Chegg Online Tutor – Chegg tutors is an online, on-demand tutoring service that connects students in need of tutoring with bright, talented tutors in any subject
- ASL Speaker sought for Infant Care position in Berkeley– Seeking a daytime nanny or sitter with strong ASL skills to assist parents with their sweet baby boy.
- ASL Playgroup Tutor– Teach ASL to hearing kids through play! Part time, once a week (Saturdays) position available to an individual with experience with young children and ASL, who are willing to teach simple ASL signs through games, songs, and other types of play.
- Team Oakland Youth Employment Partnership – Part time Summer Team Leader Position available in Oakland. Applicant will play many roles and will be chosen for their maturity, responsibility, leadership skills, and ability to motivate youth. Must be an Oakland resident between the ages of 18-24, and must possess a high school diploma or GED and be currently/planning to be enrolled in post-secondary education.
Environmental Sciences/Outdoor Recreation
- Albany Unified School District, jobs available at Albany Pool
- City of Berkeley, Assistant Aquatics Coordinator – Temporary position with the City of Berkeley to assist with City aquatics programs. Pays $28.28 – $32.88 hourly. Visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com//berkeley/default.cfm for more information.
- City of El Cerrito Sports Camp – Looking for experienced counselors and soccer coaches, flexible hours between 9am and 6pm.
- East Bay Regional Park, Interpretive Student Aides – Seasonal position, hiring at locations in Fremont and Alameda. Please Click Here for more information, and to complete application.
- Program Assistant with New Leaders Initiative Program – Flexible part-time position in Berkeley with New Leaders, an innovative program involved with youth environmental leadership. Will be responsible for assisting with Marketing & Fundraising/Development, Program & Event Coordination, and Social Media.
- Behavioral Therapist at the Center for Autism and Related Disorders – positions available at Richmond, Antioch, and Walnut Creek locations. Student will be trained to work with children and families affected with Autism. Provides valuable career experience and advancement opportunities. If interested, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BrightStar Care – Seeking compassionate Caregivers, CNAs, HHAs, RNs, and PTs to join their Home Care and Medical Staffing team. Positions offered in the San Francisco area.
- Fuse Fitness Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor – looking for enthusiastic student studying and/or interested in Kinesiology or personal training, and has some experience working with clients one on one or in a group class setting. Must have an interest in health and fitness coaching.
- Homebridge, Home Care Provider – An entry level, full-time or part-time, caregiver position with Homebridge. Will complete a Home Care Provider training and afterwords work directly with Homebridge clients. Successful candidates must have 6 months of either paid or unpaid caregiver experience.
- Homebridge, Care Supervisor – Full time position available with Homebridge in San Francisco, CA. Care Supervisor will be responsible for the coordination of in-home supportive services to the elderly and people with disabilities requiring assistance to continue to live independently in the community. Multilingual candidates (Spanish.Cantonese) are preferred.
- Kids Fitness Instructor/Coach – X-Fit Training in El Cerrito will train the right person to become a kids fitness coach. No certification necessary. Pays $20-25 per class.
- Learning ARTS – Behavior Technician – Flexible part-time, entry-level position available in various East Bay locations. Would be working for Learning ARTS, a company dedicated to the care of children with autism, operating under two principles: help those with autism and provide a career path for those who want to help. Employee would work with a small team, committed to the progress of a single patient or family.
- Water Conservation Specialist – WaterLink, a water conservation program, is looking for several Outreach Specialists to conduct door-to-door outreach and provide direct installation of water-saving equipment in Oakland, CA.
- YMCA Fitness Coach – Part time position through the Downtown Berkeley YMCA. Candidate must have a current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification, customer service experience, and knowledge of anatomy and basic fitness principles.
- YMCA Lifeguard or Swim Instructor – Part time position through the Berkeley YMCA, no prior training required (will be supplied by the YMCA upon being hired).
- FEMA – temporary and permanent full time Emergency Management Positions in the Oakland area. For more information, please email R9email@example.com
- IST Management Services
- The Service Employees International Union – 12 month Bilingual (Tagalog/English) Union Organizer-in-Training/Healthcare Campaign program based in Oakland, CA.
- Volunteers of America, Reentry Facility Monitor – Looking for 1st shift on-call position (12:00AM – 8:00AM). Applicant will be responsible for assuring quality service in a safe, non-judgmental manner to all program participants within the parolee or re-entry residential facility.
Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
- The Campaign Office of Barbara Lee for Congress – is seeking outstanding students to participate in the national Democracy Summer Program. Students who are selected will participate as a 2021 Democracy Summer Fellow with the Barbara Lee for Congress Campaign.
- Asian Network Hospice – Work with Asian Network Pacific Home Care and Hospice to provide culturally sensitive, home health care and end of life care to Asian and health communities throughout the Bay Area.
- AmeriCorps Health Education Internship – Provide individual, classroom and campus based health education and counseling services and assist with implementation of a peer education program to Berkeley High School and Berkeley Technology Academy students. Click Here to Learn More
- Ben Bartlett Campaign Volunteer and Internship – Click Here to Learn More
- Jackson Orthopedic Foundation Summer Internship – Designed for students interested in becoming a nurse, physician, physician assistant, or a physical or occupational therapist. Click Here to Learn More
- Minority Pulse Coalition – The Campaign for Oakland City Council District 6 candidate Natasha Middleton is currently accepting application for summer campaign interns. Interns will be supporting Candidate Middleton in campaign developing, building a social media platform, direct voter contact, and phone banking. Click Here to Learn More
- Public Allies Silicon Valley San Francisco – Participate in a 10-month fellowship program featuring a 32 hour per week community apprenticeship, weekly professional development, monthly service days and group retreats – all to enhance your ability to make positive change. Click Here to Learn More
- Red Awning Finance or Accounting Internship – Click Here to Learn More