Berkeley City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Institutions of higher education in the U.S. participate voluntarily in self-evaluation and external peer review with the aim of maintaining educational integrity and quality and institutional effectiveness. The ACCJC accreditation process offers assurance that accredited member colleges meet standards set by the Commission. This validates that degrees, certificates, and credits earned are of value to the student who earned them. Employers, trade or profession-related licensing agencies, and other colleges and universities can accept a student’s credential from accredited member colleges as legitimate.
2023 ACCREDITATION DOCUMENTS
- Follow-Up Visit Action Letter – January, 2023
- Follow-Up Visit Peer Review Team Report – January, 2023
- Letter from President Garcia – January 27, 2023
2022 ACCREDITATION DOCUMENTS
2021 ACCREDITATION DOCUMENTS
- 2020-21 Self-Evaluation (ISER) – December, 2021
- ACCJC Change of Address Announcement – December 2, 2021
- ACCJC Follow-Up Peer Site Visit Team Report – November 11, 2021
- BCC Teach-Out Plan – October 1, 2021
- BCC Follow-Up Report – October 1, 2021
- ACCJC Letter for BCC Comprehensive Evaluation – June 28, 2021
- Final Peer Review Team Report – March 2021
2020 ACCREDITATION DOCUMENTS
- Special Site Visit Team Report, December 2020
- ACCJC 2020 Special Report – November, 2020
- ACCJC Action Letter to Berkeley City College – January 27, 2020
Third Party Comments
ACCJC provides a process for third parties to comment on an institution’s compliance with accrediting standards. More information is available at the the ACCJC Third Party Comment website.