Cross Enrollment


*****************Please visit us during our orientations to find out more about the program-all are welcome*********************


In order to receive a Cross Enrollment application you must attend an orientation.


The Cross Enrollment Program Petition form (application) deadline for Spring 2023 is January, 23rd 2023. You do not have to be enrolled in your UCB course on the 23rd, this deadline is for BCC to process your application and determine your eligibility.


All correspondence will be through the email.


Orientation times and days (subject to change):

Virtual: Tuesday, November 7th from 11:00am-12:00pm

Virtual: Wednesday, November 9th from 5:30pm-6:30pm

Virtual: Thursday, December 15th from 2:30pm-3:30pm

January Orientations:

Virtual: Tuesday, January 17th from 3:00pm-4:00pm

Virtual: Wednesday, January 18th from 9:00am-10:00am

Virtual: Thursday, January 19th from 12:30pm-1:30pm (Zoom Link)


The Cross Enrollment Program (SB 1914) allows undergraduate students who meet certain eligibility criteria and are enrolled at any California Community College, the California State University, or the University of California to enroll, without formal admission in any of the other systems.  BCC also offers a Cross Enrollment program with San Francisco State University and California State University, East Bay.

To be eligible, you must:

  • The student must be enrolled in at least six units at Berkeley City College during the current semester that the student seeks to participate in cross enrollment.
  • The student must pay the appropriate tuition required by Berkeley City College for the semester in which the student seeks to cross enroll. You will receive information on how to pay, once your CEP Petition form (application) is approved.
  • The student must have the appropriate academic preparation, as determined by the host campus, consistent with the standard applied to currently enrolled students, i.e., completion of per-requisites. Admission to the course is subject to availability and instructor approval.
  • The student may not enroll in a course that is offered at Berkeley City College.

UC Berkeley

You may take one undergraduate course per semester at UC Berkeley.

  1. The student has completed at least one semester at Berkeley City College as a matriculated student at the time of application with a GPA of 2.0.
  2. Students cannot enroll in Extension, summer session, graduate level and any other courses not supported by the state.
  3. UC Berkeley charges each student an administration fee, currently $46 per unit.

 CSU East Bay

You may take up to two undergraduate courses per quarter at CSUEB.

  1. Students must have completed at least 20 units at BCC with a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
  2. CC Students formerly enrolled at CSUEB, but were academically disqualified, are not eligible to participate in the Cross Enrollment Program.
  3. CSU East Bay will not charge CEP students tuition, nor will they charge an application fee

 Instructions for registration into Cross Enrollment Program (CEP) courses

  • Complete a CEP Petition form (application) and turn it in to CEP Email ( The CEP Petition (application) is available at the Counseling website.
  • Once eligibility is verified, the CEP Coordinator will send the student an email confirmation and the enrollment petition form for the specific Host Campus (4 year school). You will receive this email during finals week.
  • Complete the Student Information section of your enrollment petition form and sign.
  • Submit the form to the CEP Email for the Home (BCC) Campus Certification and signature.
  • Seek approval and obtain signature from the instructor at the Host Campus on the first day of class.
  • Submit the form to the Host Campus Admissions and Records Office, or its equivalent, for enrollment and the Host Campus Certification by their deadline.
  • Submit a copy of the signed CEP petition form to the CEP Coordinator at
  • The Host Campus will provide any additional registration instructions. Please refer to the Host Campus enrollment petition for information on classes, library access, withdrawing, and reporting of grades.