Berkeley Student Cooperative
The Berkeley Student Cooperative is a 501c3 nonprofit housing cooperative. The BSC provides affordable housing and board to students at UC Berkeley and other Bay Area colleges and universities.
Their mission is to provide a quality, low-cost, cooperative housing community to university students, thereby providing an educational opportunity for students who might not otherwise be able to afford a university education.
Presently the BSC has over 1300 student members living in or eating at our seventeen houses and three apartment cooperatives around the UC Berkeley campus. Each house is democratically run, and we all contribute our labor to help keep our housing costs affordable.
Founded in 1933, the BSC is the largest student housing cooperative in the United States.
Link to full site here
Berkeley Student Cooperative Brochure:
- Berkeley Student Cooperative Virtual Tours
- Recorded Webinar about BSC Housing Options
- BSC Office Hours (offered through UCBerkeley’s EOPS and Basic Needs offices, but open to all Peralta students)
UCB Basic Needs – 2:30-3:30 PM Mondays
City of Berkeley: http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/housing
City Team Oakland: http://www.cityteam.org/oakland
East Oakland Community Project
- A Safe Place Domestic Violence Shelter
- SSA Remote Access Options:
- The Alameda County Social Services Agency continues to provide access to essential services and programs, including CalFresh, CalWORKs, General Assistance (GA), Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) and Medi-Cal. Due to COVID-19, the use of telephone, mail, and online services is encouraged for those needing to apply for or renew benefits and services. SA Remote Access forms are available in seven different languages
California Rental Assistance Program:
- Eviction Protection
- COVID-19 Program Flyer
- COVID-19 Utilities Resources
- Tenant Pre-Checklist
- How to Apply to CA Rental Assistance Program