Berkeley Student Cooperative
Their mission is to provide a quality, low-cost, cooperative housing community to university students, thereby providing an educational opportunity for students who might not otherwise be able to afford a university education.
Presently the BSC has over 1300 student members living in or eating at our seventeen houses and three apartment cooperatives around the UC Berkeley campus. Each house is democratically run, and we all contribute our labor to help keep our housing costs affordable.
Founded in 1933, the BSC is the largest student housing cooperative in the United States.
Link to full site here
Berkeley Student Cooperative Brochure:
- Berkeley Student Cooperative Virtual Tours
- Recorded Webinar about BSC Housing Options
- BSC Office Hours (offered through UCBerkeley’s EOPS and Basic Needs offices, but open to all Peralta students)
UCB EOPS – 4-8 PM Mondays
UCB Basic Needs – 4-5 PM Tuesdays
- A Safe Place Domestic Violence Shelter
California Rental Assistance Program:
- Eviction Protection
- COVID-19 Program Flyer
- COVID-19 Utilities Resources
- Tenant Pre-Checklist
- How to Apply to CA Rental Assistance Program