Application is currently closed until Spring 2024.
Berkeley City College and ECMC Project Success have partnered to provide students with emergency assistance.
To receive emergency aid, students must:
- Complete the online Project Success Application
- Submit supporting documentation in the online Project Success Application
- Meet eligibility criteria
- The emergency must be due to an unforeseen circumstance
All applications will be processed in two working days.
- Be enrolled part-time or full-time in a certificate, associate or bachelor’s degree program at the time of the aid request.
- Graduate students are not eligible.
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or greater at the time of application approval. New students are exempted from this criterion.
- Complete the online application provided by ECMC and upload supporting documentation of the financial need (i.e., required uninsured medical treatment, automotive repair estimate, a documented notice of unexpected change in housing or utilities expense).
- After being awarded, complete the required financial education courses through Decision Partners online platform.
- Benefit from having an expense paid with emergency aid through this program, not to exceed $500 during the life of the aid program.
- Be enrolled during the semester in which emergency aid funds are awarded.
- Be entitled to use of the emergency aid funds with no expectation of repayment.
- The emergency is due to an unforeseen circumstance.
Please note, your request for Emergency Support will not be processed until a receipt, supporting document, estimate or bill is provided. Completion of the application is not a guarantee you will be awarded.