Berkeley City College’s mission is to provide our diverse community with educational opportunities, promote student success, and to transform lives. The college achieves its mission through instruction, student support and learning resources which enable its students to earn associate degrees and certificates, and to attain college competency, careers, transfer, and skills for lifelong success.
Berkeley City College transforms students’ lives as an innovative, student-centered learning community dedicated to academic excellence, collaboration, equity, and social justice.
Berkeley City College embraces values which allow all members of our college community to grow and thrive. Our values include the following:
- A Focus on Academic Excellence and Student Learning. We value our students’ varied educational and
experiential backgrounds and learning styles, as well as educational objectives.
- A Commitment to Multiculturalism and Diversity. We value diversity, which fosters appreciation of others, depth of understanding, insight, empathy, innovation and creativity, characteristics our institution seeks in its students, faculty and staff.
- A Commitment to Preparing Students for Citizenship in a Diverse and Complex Changing Global Society. We value the fact that students live and work in an increasingly complex society and world.
- A Commitment to a Quality and a Collegial Workplace. We value the high quality that characterizes
everything we do.
- The Importance of Innovation and Flexibility. We value innovation because it encourages our students
to question the typical and expand their thinking in a flexible manner that allows them to understand life’s
Board approved March 24, 2020