Study Rooms are available in BCC Library for groups who want to study and meet together. A group is defined between two and six people. All BCC Library Study Rooms are ADA compliant. Only BCC students in good standing with the library are eligible to reserve a Study Room. Use of these rooms is subject to the Group Study Room Guidelines listed below.
Study Room Guidelines
- Only groups of two or more may reserve a study room.
- Only groups may reserve a room for up to two hours. Patrons may request an extension of one hour at a time if no other library patron has reserved the room. Individuals may use study rooms just not reserve them for individual use. Furthermore, groups have priority and an individual using a study room will be asked to vacate the room in the event that it is needed by a group.
- Rooms can only be reserved in person on the same day the room is needed [rooms cannot be reserved a day or more in advance].
No long-term reserve schedule shall be made.
- Upon registering, the student who checks out the room must provide the staff with the names of all group members and must accept full responsibility for any damage incurred while the room is in his/her custody. Users are strongly encouraged to inspect the room prior to use and report any pre-existing damage to the room. Any abuse of the rooms may result in revoking usage of the Study Rooms.
- The library has board markers and dry-erase markers that can be borrowed with your current Peralta District student I.D. card.
- Rooms not occupied 10 minutes after the top of the hour will automatically be made available to others, first-come, first-served. A group that is more than 10 minutes late forfeits the reservation.
- Rooms may not be “held” by an individual who is waiting for his/her groups.
- The Study Rooms are not storage areas.
- The Library is not responsible for students’ lost or stolen property.
- No food or drink is permitted anywhere in the Library.
- Students who use a Group Study Room must agree to leave the room when asked to by a Librarian or Library staff member.