Study Rooms are available in BCC Library for groups who want to study and meet together or for individuals who need a private place to study or attend classes on Zoom. All BCC Library Study Rooms are ADA compliant. Only BCC students in good standing with the library are eligible to reserve a Study Room. Use of these rooms is subject to the Study Room Guidelines listed below. To reserve a study room, go to the Reserve a Study Room link.
Study Room Guidelines
- Reservations can be made for up to 90 minutes. No students will be permitted more than 90 minutes per day in a study room.
- Reservations can be made by groups or individuals up to seven days in advance.
- Study rooms are for use by Berkeley City College students only.
- Students may request an extension of one hour at a time if no other library patron has reserved the room.
- Upon registering, the student who checks out the room must provide the staff with the names of all group members and must accept full responsibility for any damage incurred while the room is in his/her custody. Users are strongly encouraged to inspect the room prior to use and report any pre-existing damage to the room. Any abuse of the rooms may result in revoking usage of the Study Rooms.
- The library has board markers and dry-erase markers that can be borrowed with your current Peralta District student I.D. card.
- Rooms not occupied 10 minutes after the top of the hour will automatically be made available to others, first-come, first served. A group that is more than 10 minutes late forfeits the reservation.
- The Study Rooms are not storage areas.
- The Library is not responsible for students’ lost or stolen property.
- No food or drink is permitted anywhere in the Library.
- Students who use a Group Study Room must agree to leave the room when asked to by a Librarian or Library staff member.