The library offers access to a number of databases for research. They are accessible from anywhere through remote authentication via the library home page. Remote authentication allows students, staff and faculty to access library subscription databases from home without relying on database password lists.
How can you use it?
Students are automatically set up for remote authentication.
Faculty and staff must register at the circulation desk of your PCCD college library. Bring your PCCD staff id with you. Library staff will set up a patron record with the following required information:
- your name
- email address
- employee id number
How does it work?
- Go to our website
- Look for the Articles and Databases icon
- Click on the desired database
- If you are on campus, you will go straight to the database
- If you are off campus, you will be prompted to enter your LAST NAME and your STUDENT or EMPLOYEE ID NUMBER (faculty and staff must register first)
For further information on any of these databases and/or information regarding remote access, please contact Joshua Boatright at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping Current With Search Alerts
Stay current in your subject area with email alerts. BCC Library’s online databases can send you an email when new articles are published that match your interests.
There are two types of email alerts available:
- Table of Contents Alerts: You can select specific journals and have the table of contents of each new issue emailed to you upon publication. When available, these alerts will include links to the full-text of the articles.
- Search Alerts: You can set up a search on a topic of interest, save it, and then have it run every day, every week, or every month. For topics of continual interest, it’s a great way of automating the research process.
If you are interested in:
- Learning more about the search alert options
- Having the library set up search alerts for you
- Learning more about the above or additional databases available at BCC
Please don’t hesitate to contact Joshua Boatright, email@example.com.