Covid Update: As of 9/1/21 Roots will offer COVID Testing Mondays 9:30am – 2:30pm and Thursdays 9:30am 12:30pm
Covid Update: As of 9/1/21 Roots will offer COVID Vaccinations Thursdays & Fridays 1pm – 4pm (Moderna and Pfizer)
Roots Community Health Clinic (510) 533-1248
The campus health centers are closed, health services partner Roots Community Health Center is open
7272 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland
Open Monday through Friday
Health Navigators: 8:30am-5pm
Comprehensive care–including sexually transmitted infections (STI) testing, flu shots, family planning services–are provided cost-free to current students. Certain unusual or extended services may be outside of the scope of coverage, but this can be determined over the phone or with clinic staff.
- Call first for a phone screening. For students who may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 calling the clinic will allow staff to complete a screen over the phone. From there, providers decide whether students should come to the office or be referred for testing.
- Health navigators are available to help students address issues with insurance, provide referrals, and connect students with resources for food or housing insecurity.
- Students must bring proof of current enrollment, such as a current student ID card.
Mental Health – Berkeley City College
Thank you for your patience during this challenging time. Unfortunately, we had to interrupt services when we were asked to shelter in place. We now have online telehealth services set up to assist students.
Mental Health Crisis Hotline 800-309-2131
If you or someone you know is struggling with difficult life circumstances or uncomfortable thoughts and emotions we are here to help. You do not need to be experiencing suicidal thoughts or feelings to call. Trained Crisis Line Counselors are available 24/7 to take your call.
- You can also text the crisis line by texting the word ‘COURAGE’ to 741741
- If you feel you or someone you know is in imminent danger, call 911 immediately
- Go to https://www.crisissupport.org/ to learn more about the resources offered
Keep Calm and Stay Home Toolkit
Practical supportive tools and resources while sheltering in place. Basic needs resources, free apps, videos and fun things to do at home while physical distancing. Click here to find out more.
We are working on how we can continue to operate under the new shelter in place guidelines. Please go to Alameda County Community Food Bank’s Webpage to find resources and access the Food Emergency Hotline
Acupuncture or Massage Services
Due to the current health crisis, these services are currently suspended