Paid Community Health Worker Mentored Internship Program
APPLICATIONS DUE OCTOBER 10, 2022 | APPLY HERE
Interested in the helping professionals? Considering a career in Social Work, Human Service, Community Health, or Social Justice? Spanish Bilingual? New to this type of work and wanting to get experience in a supportive, friendly environment? This program might be a great fit for you.
In partnership with LifeLong Medical, Berkeley City College Social Work and Human Services program is running a PAID mentored internship for Community Health Workers. This is an opportunity to earn and learn, get valuable feedback and training, and build your resume with real-life experience that can help open job doors in the future. Participants in the program will enroll in the Social and Human Service Work Readiness Certificate program, and work 10-20 paid hours on-site at LifeLong’s William Jenkins Health Center in Richmond. Hourly rate is $22.
- Learn the skills to work in a community health center connecting patients to behavioral health services
- Dates: September 2022-August 2023
- Hours: 10-20 per week (flexible)
- Pay: $22 per hour
- Intern orientation & ongoing training
- Wrap around support services
- Starting Berkeley City College HUSV Work Readiness Certificate in Fall 2022 (we can help you register if you are selected as an intern)
- Authorized to work in the U.S
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Fill out the short application here.
There is a short essay at the end of the application. You may want to think about it before starting. The prompt is: In 500 words or less, please tell us about yourself, what you hope to bring to this role, and what you hope to take away from this role.
- August 12, 2022 Last date to submit application
- August 19, 2022 Notification of acceptance
- August 22, 2022 Program starts
- September 12, 2022 Internship placement starts
- August 2023 Program ends
LifeLong Medical Care
William Jenkins Health Center
150 Harbour Way