How to get your Certificate or Degree

Petitions are due on specific dates. File your petition in the semester that you will complete all the requirements.  Academic calendars are published here each semester, and include the last day to file for your petitions.

To obtain your Certificate, complete this form and send the completed form directly to Our department works closely with Academic Counseling to process certificate petitions; you do not need to meet with a counselor first.

Graduation only happens once a year, in May. If you complete in December, you can walk the following May if you want.

The Certificate will be issued in your name as it appears in the Peralta system, and mailed to the address listed on the form. If you want to have a different name listed on the Certificate, you must submit a name change with Accounts and Records before filing your petition. We are required to use the legal name to print the certificate.

Need help? Send an email to