Technology Committee Home
Co-Chairs: Administrator(s), Faculty Member
(Co-chairs for 2013-14: Antonio Barreiro, Fabian Banga, Roberto Gonzalez)
- Vice President of Instruction
- Vice President of Student Services
- Representatives from Instruction, Student Services, President’s Office, and Business Office
- Representatives from Campus Network, Multimedia Services, Library, Admissions and Records
- Faculty Senate President and/or representatives
- Classified Senate President and/or representatives
- Associated Student President and/or representatives
Length of Term: Position: As long as position held
Reporting directly to the Roundtable, the Technology Committee serves the purpose of the shared governance decision-making process at BCC. The charge of the Committee is to advise the administration on technology issues regarding:
Access: Provide secure computer and internet access to learning resources and support services by systematically plans, acquires, maintains, and upgrades or replaces technology and equipment to meet institutional needs.
Instructional Technology: Support the success of all students through the development of instructional technologies, including the delivery of instructional media.
Campus Computing: Improve technology systems to increase institutional efficiencies and provide long-term support for campus computing needs.
Network Infrastructure: Upgrade and maintain the network infrastructure to support comprehensive wireless, voice, video, and data communications (shared with District).
Technology Support: Provide ongoing training and technology support services to meet the needs of students, faculty, staff and managers.
Human and Fiscal Resources: Develop, distribute and utilize resources to support the development, maintenance, and enhancement of its programs and services.