Technology Committee Home
Co-Chairs: One administrator, one faculty member, one classified staff member
- Faculty Senate President and/or representatives
- Classified Senate President and/or representatives
- Associated Student President and/or representative
- Office of Instruction Representative
- Faculty, Science Department
- Faculty, Multi-Media Arts Department
- Faculty, CIS Department
- Faculty, At Large
- Library Representative
- Student Services Representative
- Distance Education Representative
- Disability Services Representative
- Multimedia Services
- Campus Network Coordinator
- Web Specialist
- Public Relations/Communications Representative
- Admissions and Records Representative
- Business Office Representative
* Members may represent multiple constituency groups
Length of Term:
- Co-Chair(s): two years
- Members: indeterminate
How Selected: Appointed by respective shared-governance bodies
- Members may miss no more than two meetings per year
Reporting directly to the Roundtable, the Technology Committee serves the purpose of the shared governance decision-making process at BCC. The charge of the Committee is to advise the administration on technology issues regarding:
- Access: Provide secure computer and internet access to learning resources and support services by systematically plans, acquires, maintains, and upgrades or replaces technology and equipment to meet institutional needs.
- Instructional Technology: Support the success of all students through the development of instructional technologies, including the delivery of instructional media.
- Campus Computing: Improve technology systems to increase institutional efficiencies and provide long-term support for campus computing needs.
- Network Infrastructure: Upgrade and maintain the network infrastructure to support comprehensive wireless, voice, video, and data communications (shared with District).
- Technology Support: Provide ongoing training and technology support services to meet the needs of students, faculty, staff and managers.
- Human and Fiscal Resources: Develop, distribute and utilize resources to support the development, maintenance, and enhancement of its programs and services.
- Business Continuity: Ensure technology resources as sufficient to maintain uninterrupted business-critical operations.
Recommends to: Education Committee and College Roundtable for Planning and Budgeting
Frequency of Meetings: once per month during the academic year.