Due to the quarantine, all PSSD services have temporarily moved online.
Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your student ID# in every email.
All appointments will take place via telephone or zoom (like skype, but you don’t need an account).
Pages relating to PSSD that have a (Q) at the end of the page title have been updated to reflect changes due to the quarantine.
Check out the new Guide to Support during COVID-19 :
Resources for Supporting Students with Disabilities during COVID-19
Berkeley City College’s (BCC) Program & Services for Students with Disabilities (PSSD) operates under mandates set forth in Section 504 and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990; and Title V of the California Code of Regulations. These laws and regulations govern:
- Who can be served;
- The procedures required to determine if a student qualifies for services;
- The types of services that can be offered.
Students with disabilities attending BCC and enrolling in classes are expected to meet course goals as outlined in the class syllabus. PSSD services provided depend on:
- the individual student’s verified disability;
- his or her educational limitations;
- the course requirements
A review of each student’s progress is conducted on semester-by-semester basis. This review ensures that the student is making measurable progress toward his or her stated goals, and that the services provided are appropriate to the student’s educational needs.
Service Area Outcomes
1) Create Educational Assistance Courses that provide adaptive strategies for students with disabilities to address their educational limitations to ensure academic success and/or to address career and vocational barriers.
2) Develop resources for faculty to create equal access for students with disabilities in the academic environment
3) Develop written resource materials for students to better utilize PSSD services