If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the chat widget in the lower right corner of the screen.
A note for new and returning students: You must have an active student ID# to register for our program. If you have not already, please go through the steps on the Apply Now page of the BCC website. Returning students – if you have not registered for classes at any of the Peralta colleges in the past two terms, you will need to re-apply to the college.
Registering with Student Accessibility Services
- Complete the following forms:
- Application for SAS (20-21 academic year). Application for SAS (21-22 academic year)
- Authorization to exchange information
- Voter preference form. (“Would you like to register to vote?”)
- For voter preference forms in other languages or enlarged font, see the NVRA Voter Preference Forms page (external link).
- To register to vote in the state of California, please go to the California online voter registration page (external link)
- All forms must be filled out and returned to SAS by emailing email@example.com. If at all possible, please fill the forms out electronically. If this is not possible, please contact us, and we will help you fill them out.
- You can download Adobe Reader here (external link) for free.
- Please attach documentation directly to your email. Documents sent through Google Drive are often incompatible with Microsoft Outlook.
- Provide verification of disability to the SAS office. Documentation verifying a disability may include, but is not limited to:
- high school special education plans (IEPs);
- medical records or reports;
- psychological evaluations or assessments;
- LD testing from another California community college.
- If you do not have documentation, you can take our Verification of Disability form to a qualified professional who has working knowledge of your disability.
- The qualified professional must completed, signed, and date the professional section of the form.
- A qualified professional may include a physician, a psychologist, an LD Specialist, or other licensed professional.
- Review the Policy Guidelines for Services.
- Schedule an appointment with a SAS Counselor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If possible, obtain transcripts from other colleges or high schools for education planning.
All disability related information provided by students is kept strictly confidential. This information is accessible to SAS only.