The overarching mission of this committee is student success through successful accreditation. It is the responsibility of the institution, CEO and ALO (Accreditation Liaison Officer) to keep Berkeley City College in compliance with the ERs (Eligibility Requirements), Accreditation Standards, including federal requirements, Commission policies, and Berkeley City College’s MVV (Mission-Vision-Values) (link to BCC Mission-Vision-Values). This committee will support the college in keeping in compliance.
Meeting Days: week, day
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Location: 4th Flr, Rm 451A/B
Steering Committee Members
|Standard||Standard I||Standard II||Standard III||Standard IV|
|Administrative Co-Lead(s)||Dr. Angélica Garcia||Dr. Stacey Shears
|Dr. Angélica Garcia
|Faculty/Classified Co-Leads||Sam Gillette
|Susan Truong||Vincent Koo
Barbara Des Rochers
- To review ongoing changes and requirements for accreditation at the federal, state and regional levels to facilitate keeping in compliance with ERs, Commission policies and Berkeley City College’s MVV (Mission-Vision-Values)
- To coordinate Berkeley City College’s ongoing activities related to its accreditation, including developing and maintaining a systematic approach to tracking evidence,
- To periodically review alignment of college process with accreditation standards,
- To maintain the college’s accreditation web site, and
- To provide open communication between the Accreditation Oversight Committee and the college community