The UCRC provides the following guide that undocumented students can use when applying to BCC. This list is meant to help students take advantage of the resources made available to access and to succeed in college.
Step 1: Make an Appointment for Guidance!
- Make an appointment with the UCRC Counselor Maria to help you with the steps! APPOINTMENT WITH MARIA HERE
Step 2: CCCMyPath and BCC Application
- Create a CCCMyPath account or login to your existing account OpenCCC MyPath Application
- Follow Steps Cards located at the top of the CCCMyPath page.
- Complete ‘New Application’ on CCCApply Click here
- Please allow 24-48 hours to receive a Peralta Student ID No. and Email.
- For a guide on how to fill out the CCC Apply application please visit our page here
Step 3: Enroll/Orientation
- Note: new and returning students will need to complete an Orientation and Placement process. Learn about Assembly Bill 705.
- Math and English Placement
- AB-705 and Placement website
Step 4: Refer to a Counselor and set up Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Make an appointment with the UCRC Counselor Maria.
- The UCRC counselor will help you sign up for your classes and create your SEP.
Step 5: State Tuition
- Fill out the Residency Questionnaire (allows you to pay in-state tuition)
- Apply to be a AB540 Student (allows you to pay in-state tuition)
- Make sure you have completed the BCC Non-Resident form and the Residency Questionnaire <-Click to download
- Before sending the forms make an appointment with the UCRC to review them.
- Then send the forms to:
Tam Vo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- It usually takes 5-10 business days to upload your information into our computer system.
Step 6: Financial Aid & Dream Act
- DREAM Act/Berkeley Promise
- For AB 540 students, you must complete the California Dream Act Application.
- California College Promise Grant Application
- 5-10 business days after you have completed & submitted your California Dream Application come to the financial aid front counter; additional paperwork is required.
- Financial Aid
Step 7: Get your Student ID
- Once you have added your courses and paid for your fees, please go to the welcome desk on the 1st floor and provide a printed copy of your schedule to the Ambassadors. (Right now we are not processing IDs)
Step 8: Get Involved
- Lastly you can enroll in our UCRC Canvas Click here to join
For more information on the application and enrollment process, please visit the Getting Started at BCC page. If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to connect with us. Direct appointments with the UCRC can be made though the Contact Us page.