Berkeley City College’s English AA-T.: The Path to Transfer to a U.C. or C.S.U.

shakespeare Maxine Hong Kingston

Those who complete the Berkeley City College English AA-T (Associate of Arts for Transfer degree)  have taken all courses required for transfer to U.C. Berkeley, U.C.L.A., and other U.C. campuses as an English major and are guaranteed admission to a C.S.U. campus as an English major.  Berkeley City College’s English program offers a variety of literature and creative writing courses to serve students with diverse goals. 

Please see your counselor and/or one of the English department chairs (Jenny Lowood, or Adán Olmedo, for more information.