Must be completed by all students whether they are college graduates or students who wish to only take 1 course. You may take the online orientation located at the BCC Assessment and Orientation Website or click the link provided: BCC Online Orientation
(Students CANNOT see a counselor without completing an Assessment and Orientation)
- Check your Passport account: https://passport2.peralta.edu/psp/EPAPROD/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/h/?tab=PAPP_GUEST.
- Once logged-in, click on “Student Center” located on the left hand side of the website.
- The holds tab will be located on the right hand side of the Student Center and will be labeled as “Holds”.
- Once the hold has been verified as a Matriculation Hold, proceed with the appropriate steps below.
- A Matriculation hold is placed on all new or returning students attending the Peralta Community College District. More information and Assessment Scheduling are located on BCC Assessment and Orientation Website.
- Students may also bypass the Assessment test if they can provide a college diploma, college transcript, AP test scores, IB test Scores, CLEP Test Scores or a placement score from another Community College or University. (Placement scores must be within 3 years to be considered valid.)
- Students must take an online orientation whether a college graduate or a student planning to take 1 course. Students may take the online orientation through: BCC Online Orientation, ensure to print the completion page as it is needed for proof of completion.
- Once the Assessment & Orientation requirements are completed, students must see a college counselor in order to remove the hold on their account.
- To make a Same-day appointment or Next-day appointment. Please use the following:
- Come-in in person to the Counseling Services Center located on the 2nd floor at 2050 Center St. Berkeley CA 94805
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (510)981-5036