Thank you for choosing Berkeley City College (BCC) to pursue your education! Berkeley City College is committed to assisting Veterans, their dependents, and reservists in obtaining their VA educational benefits and in achieving their educational and career goals. BCC is approved to offer programs that lead to a certificate, an associate degree (for transfer), and transfer to a four-year college/university program.
To get started with our program, we recommend that you read through this webpage thoroughly and download the forms below to learn more about our programs. Also, please read our program brochure and outline of steps and ensure that you’ve completed all steps before meeting with the VA Counselor and/or the Certifying Official. In addition to applying for certification at BCC, you will need to apply with the Department of Veteran Affairs first in order to determine your educational benefits. Click me for the online application. After receiving your eligibility letter from the Department of Veteran Affairs, you will then need to meet with our VA Counselor to determine your program of study and to review all of your documentation.
Veterans’ Resource Center (VRC)
During your consultation with the VA Counselor or the Certifying Official, you will be given all the information and documents needed in order to complete your file requirements as required by the Department of Veteran Affairs to be eligible for BCC’s VA Program. For questions pertaining to your eligibility or your benefits, you must call the VA as we don’t have access to such information.
Berkeley City College serves as a liaison with Department of Veteran Affairs and only provides course certifications. Other resources, services, or benefits relating to the VA are not offered through BCC. Visit or contact your local county Veterans’ Office or browse through the website of the Department of Veteran Affairs to learn more about available services for you and your family. Copies of the Annual California Veterans’ Resource Book are available on campus that you may have. Finally, visit their website at calvet.ca.gov/vetservices
Other Program Info & Documents
- BCC Veterans Affairs Program | Information and Checklist of required documents
- Enrollment Certification Request Form**
- Berkeley City College Statement of Understanding & Responsibilities**
- For Veterans: Form 22-1995 Change of Program/Place of Training^^
- California Residency Questionnaire
- For non-California Residents who will be attending college at BCC. Submit the form with a copy of your DD-214 and a photo ID. This needs to be turned into the Admissions and Records Office.
- California Veteran Dependent College Fee Waiver Description
- California Veteran Dependents Fee Waiver Form and Instructions
- Our program does not handle the dependent fee waivers. This is only placed here for informational purposes as a courtesy and all dependent fee waivers are handled by your local county VA office.
- For Dependents: Form 22-5495 Change of Program/Place of Training^^