Join the BCC Community for Free. Zero fees for every student enrolled at Berkeley City College for Fall 2023.*
Students must apply and enroll at Berkeley City College and complete the appropriate financial aid application. Follow the steps below to enroll! (Students do not need to qualify for financial aid to receive free fees.)
Complete Fall 2023 Admissions Application*. (Skip this step if you have attended BCC in the last 12 months.)
- Financial Aid Application
Register for Fall 2023 classes in Campus Solutions.
Priority Registration begins April 10, 2023 – Click here and choose “Enrollment Dates Fall 2023” to see if you qualify for Priority Registration.
Open Enrollment begins April 17, 2022.
Classes start August 21, 2023.
The last day to add a class is August 27, 2023.
FALL IS FREE
**Students must apply to qualify for these benefits. Contact us at (510) 981-2800 or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions about financial aid or FAFSA please email email@example.com or call: 510-981-2941
Questions? Scroll down to our list of Frequently Asked Questions or contact us at: (510) 981-2800 or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who qualifies for zero fees for Fall 2023?
- First Time College Students
- Currently Enrolled Students
- Returning Students
- Recreational Learners
- Workers Seeking Career Training
- English Language Learners
- Dual Enrollment High School students are eligible.
- Students must identify Berkeley City College as their home campus on their FAFSA
- In state and non-international Students
Fall is Free at BCC Costs Covered
|Cost Per Unit||$46.00|
|Campus Center Fee||$2.00|
|Student Center Fee||$2.00|
|Health Center Fee||$23.00|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to Berkeley City College?
I don’t think I qualify for financial aid. Should I apply?
Which financial aid application should I complete?
- FAFSA: If you are a citizen, or legal permanent resident complete a 23/24 FAFSA.
- CADAA: If you are an AB540/SB 68 eligible student who is undocumented, DACAmented, a U Visa holder or TPS holder
complete a 23/24 CADAA
- CALIFORNIA COLLEGE PROMISE GRANT: If you are a California resident, AB540 or AB1899 eligible student or homeless youth as determined by the BCC Financial Aid office complete a 23/24 CCPG application.
How many units can I take for free in Fall 2023?
What if I already paid tuition and fees for the Fall 2023 semester?
I am a high school student. Do I qualify for zero fees?
Do I have to be a citizen to qualify for zero fees?
Is the college course material fee “free” as part of the zero fees program?
I’ve registered for free Fall 2023 courses. Why do I see a balance due on my account?
How can I receive an AC Transit pass?
* Program restrictions: BCC free zero fees campaign applies to Fall 2023 enrollment only (includes late start courses). A CCC Application and a 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a 2023-2024 California Dream Act Application (CADAA) with an official Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is required. Mandatory student fees are paid under the program.