BCC Science Department faculty and staff are excited to welcome students back this Fall 2020. Have a successful semester!
Welcome to the Science and Biotechnology Department Website
Berkeley City College offers more than 30 courses in
- General Biology and Introduction to Biology
- Introduction to Biotechnology, Protein Chemistry, Stem Cell Biology, and Cell and Tissue Culture
- Genetics and Immunology
- Human Biology and Principals of Ecology
- Scientific Literature and Writing
- Introductory General Chemistry and Introductory Organic and Biochemistry
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry and Analytical Instrumentation
- Physics and Astronomy
- Geography, Geology and Physical Sciences
Biotechnology Program offers two Certificates of Achievement (Certificate of Achievement Biotechnology Laboratory Assistant; Advanced Certificate of Achievement Biotechnology Research Laboratory Assistant) and an Associate in Science Degree in Biotechnology . It provides students with excellent preparation for positions in biotechnological and pharmaceutical industries, academic and clinical research laboratories, allied health and environmental institutions.
Analytical Chemistry Program offers Certificate of Achievement and Associate in Science Degree in Analytical Chemistry.
Associate of Science Degree for Transfer (AS-T) in Biology. Students who successfully complete the AS-T in Biology earn specific guarantees for transfer to the CSU system.