Welcome to the Biology page!
The Science Department offers courses for transfer students in biology, biotechnology, prerequisite courses for pre-nursing/health occupations students, ecology and general education courses in life sciences. We have modern, well-equipped labs with the latest instrumentation including:
- Nikon Microscopes including Inverted Microscopes with Digital Cameras
- Nikon Fluorescent Microscopes
- Thermal Cyclers (PCR) and Real-time PCR (qPCR)
- Illumina Miniseq Next Generation Sequencer (NGR)
- Absorption Spectrophotometers including Nanodrop Spectrophotometers
- Gel Imaging and Documentation Systems
- High performance Centrifuges
- Incubators and Incubator shaker
- Flow Cytometer
- BIOL 1A – General Biology
- BIOL 1B – General Biology
- BIOL 4 – Human Physiology
- BIOL 10 – Introduction to Biology
- BIOL 13 – Principles of Ecology
- BIOL 25 – Human Biology
- BIOL 32 – Scientific Literature and Writing
- BIOL 33 – Immunology
- BIOL 34 – Genetics
- BIOL 34L – Genetics Laboratory
- BIOL50A – Introductory Biotechnology with Laboratory
- BIOL50B – Protein Chemistry and Fermentation
- BIOL50C – Stem Cell Biology and Advanced Molecular Techniques
- BIOL 50D – Cell and Tissue Culture
- Barbara Des Rochers, Ph.D.
- Pieter de Haan, Ph.D.
- Randy Yang, Ph.D.
- Erika Yeh, Ph.D.
- Scott Blitch, MS
- Lili Banihashemi, MS
- Linda McPheron, Ph.D.
- Douglas Schmidt, Ph.D.
- Julia Chang, Ph.D.