BCC Roundtable for Planning and Budget Home
Berkeley City College’s Roundtable for Planning and Budget has three charges:
(a) to address the college strategic missions;
(b) to advise the administration on planning and budget issues by offering opportunities for college-wide participation and collecting recommendations; and
(c) to ensure budget and planning integration and data-based decision making.
The Roundtable addresses the college’s strategic missions by:
- informing the college about strategic goals and the activities of this committee;
- discussing proposed changes in broad-based college processes before they are acted on or implemented by the College President;
- examining and discussing issues of college-wide importance in depth with the goal of ensuring that the institution as a whole is true to its mission, clear in its identity, and effective in serving students;
- assessing and improving the effectiveness of the BCC Shared Governance Structure.
The Roundtable facilitates college-wide input and participation, as follows:
- create, review, and revise committees;
- receive reports at least annually from all standing and ad hoc committees of the college;
- receive reports from district governance committee representatives and provide advice to the representatives in response;
- receive and review college procedural recommendations; adopt, and revise college procedures;
- assess college needs to ensure systematic development of procedures;
- obtain constituent opinions;
- provide a venue for college-wide initiatives and provide a means of communication with the college community;
- review, approve, and/or improve recommendations made by other bodies, as appropriate.
The Roundtable ensures budget and planning integration by implementing processes to:
- link planning documents to district missions and goals, strategic plans, and accreditation standards to inform budget decisions;
- review programs planned and in place in order to make recommendations as to what resources are needed for those programs. Develop a framework or model for this;
- prioritize resource allocation based on recommendations that are informed by defined criteria and outcomes;
- consider budget and planning related issues brought forth from other bodies or from college constituencies before make a recommendation to the president.
The BCC Roundtable for Planning and Budget meets twice per month and makes recommendations to the College President.