The Associate in Science Degree for Transfer (AS-T) in Mathematics is designed to prepare students for a seamless transfer with junior status and priority admission to their local CSU campus to a program or major in Mathematics or similar major for completion of a baccalaureate degree. Students are required to complete:
(1) a minimum of 21 semester units in the major with a grade of C or better while maintaining a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework;
(2) 60 semester CSU-transferable units using the California State University-General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU-GE Breadth); or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern;
(3) No more than 60 semester units are required.
The Associate in Science Degree in Mathematics for Transfer will also assist Mathematics major students to transfer to a UC or other baccalaureate institutions. Students are advised to consult with a counselor to verify transfer requirements.
CSU-GE Breadth Education Pattern
and Elective Courses
Program Learning Outcomes for Mathematics AS-T
Students who achieve associate degrees will be able to:
- Apply mean value theorems.
- Solve linear systems, integration problems, and problems for multivariable functions.
- Graph and analyze basic functions.
- Calculate derivatives.
- Solve differential equations and analyze the solution sets.