Apply & Enroll: Getting Started at BCC
Berkeley City College is located at 2050 Center Street, between Shattuck and Milvia Streets in downtown Berkeley, 94704, a half block from the Downtown Berkeley BART Station. Our friendly Student Ambassadors are waiting to help you through this process at the Welcome Center on the first floor near the college entrance (go up the front steps and turn left).
New Student – if you have never attended a Peralta college, please follow all of the steps below.
Former (Returning) Student – if you have not attended a Peralta class within the last two semesters, then you will need to re-submit your CCCApply application before you can login to your PASSPORT Student Center (Step #1 below). Note: If you have a Peralta Student Account but never enrolled in Fall 2015 or Spring 2015 classes, then you are a Former Student and will need to re-submit your CCCApply application. You will not receive a second Welcome Email, so please try logging in to PASSPORT (it may take up to 2 hours after submitting your application).
Continuing Student – you have attended a Peralta class within the last two semesters, so you can go directly to PASSPORT and login.
AT BERKELEY CITY COLLEGE
1. Apply for Admission
There are two ways to apply for admission:
- Apply Online at CCCApply – choose Berkeley City College
- Apply In Person – our friendly Student Ambassadors will help you apply online on school computers. Visit the Welcome Center for assistance by going up the front steps and to your left. Berkeley City College is located at 2050 Center Street, downtown Berkeley, a half block from the Downtown Berkeley BART Station. Visit the Student Ambassador website for Welcome Center hours and information.
2. Complete Your Orientation
- Take BCC’s Online Orientation – be sure to create your ticket and bring it with you when you visit your counselor.
3. Complete Your Assessment
- The Assessement Center is located in Room 121 on the first floor. New students will need to take an Assessment for Math and English (or ESL) prior to enrollment in math and English courses.
4. See a Counselor
- The Counseling Department is located on the 2nd floor, west wing. A Counselor will help you plan your educational program and goals, and help make sure you are enrolling in the appropriate course sequence.
5. Enroll in Your Classes
- Login to your PASSPORT Student Center and add classes, or
- Enroll In Person at the Admissions Office, first floor of Berkeley City College. Get help from our friendly Student Ambassadors at the Welcome Center, first floor.
- Be sure to use your new Peralta Student Email Account.
6. Pay Your Fees
7. Get Your Photo I.D. and Semester Sticker
- The Student Photo I.D. Office is located in Room 151A, first floor
8. Buy Your Books
- The BCC Bookstore is located in Room 517 on the 5th Floor.
Visit Berkeley City College’s Welcome Center
1st Floor Lobby
Call: (510) 981-2800 or 981-2858
For more information, visit the Peralta District Enrollment Steps page, the Admissions & Records website, and the Academic Calendar page.