Apply & Enroll: Getting Started at BCC
AT BERKELEY CITY COLLEGE
1. Apply for Admission
- Apply Online (for “New Students” or for “Former Students” who have not attended Peralta classes within the last two semesters), or
- Apply In Person – come to the Admissions Office, Room 152, on the first floor at Berkeley City College, 2050 Center Street, downtown Berkeley, CA 94704, a half block from the Berkeley BART Station. For personal assistance, ask a Student Ambassador at the Welcome Center on the first floor near the college entrance.
2. Complete Your Orientation
- Take BCC’s Online Orientation – be sure to create your ticket and bring it with you when you visit your counselor.
3. Complete Your Assessment
- The Assessement Center is located in Room 121 on the first floor. New students will need to take an Assessment for Math and English (or ESL) prior to enrollment in math and English courses.
4. See a Counselor
- The Counseling Department is located on the 2nd floor, west wing. A Counselor will help you plan your educational program and goals, and help make sure you are enrolling in the appropriate course sequence.
5. Enroll in Your Classes
- Login to your PASSPORT Student Center and add classes, or
- Enroll In Person at the Admissions Office, first floor of Berkeley City College. Get help from our friendly Student Ambassadors at the Welcome Center, first floor.
- Be sure to use your new Peralta Student Email Account.
6. Pay Your Fees
7. Get Your Photo I.D. and Semester Sticker
- The Student Photo I.D. Office is located in Room 151A, first floor
8. Buy Your Books
- The BCC Bookstore is located in Room 517 on the 5th Floor.
Visit Berkeley City College’s Welcome Center
1st Floor Lobby
Call: (510) 981-2800 or 981-2858
For more information, visit the Peralta District Enrollment Steps page, the Admissions & Records website, and the Academic Calendar page.