For updates and to obtain information about COVID-19, please visit the California Department of Public Health website at cdph.ca.gov/covid19. This department provides information in multiple languages.
The following list of resources is available to ALL students regardless of immigration status:
- Alameda County Community Food Bank – the food bank is committed to helping anyone in need of food to access food distributions, groceries, etc. during the shelter in place. Note: an application process is required.
- Food Pantry Search Tool – FoodNow.net is a food search tool that helps families in need find local food pantries in Alameda.
- Nourish Wellness – offers a list of food banks and pantries with contact info.
- OUSD – the Oakland school district offers a list of free meals available during school closures.
- AUSD – the Alameda school district also offers free meals during school closures to families in need.
- BUSD – the Berkeley school district is offering meals, resources, and advice to the community affected by school closures.
- WCCUSD – the West Contra Costa school district has a list of meal distribution places available to the community.
- SFUSD – the San Francisco school district has a list of locations where minors can receive free meals during school closures
- Comcast/Xfinity – Comcast is offering free access to the Internet for 60 days.
- Charter Communications – is also offering free Internet access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students.
- Adobe Products – Adobe is offering free access to their products for students and other customers until May.
- AT&T Low Cost Wifi Access – AT&T is providing free to low cost Internet access.
- UHaul Storage for College Students – UHaul is extending college students 30 days of free self-storage at U-Haul-owned and -operated facilities. Note: Students should create an account at Collegeboxes.com to initiate an order.
- PG&E Payment Moratorium – the company is placing a moratorium on service disconnections for non-payment. Note: contact (415) 973-5930 for questions
- Hand Washing Pit Stops – this map was developed by the SF Department of Homelessness to displays Pit Stops and Hand Washing Stations to support hand hygiene and reduce the spread of COVID-19. Pit Stops include toilets, sinks, needle disposal, and dog waste stations.
- Free Childcare & HW help in SF – the San Francisco Public Library is opening libraries and indoor recreation facilities as emergency care facilities for children of parents on the front lines of the COVID-19 outbreak and low-income families. Academic support is available.
- Immigrants Rising – virtual wellness gatherings hosting psychologists, coaches, and traditional healers.
- Smart Recovery – free online forums for community support.
- Women for Sobriety – support group for women struggling with substance abuse.
- Define American – Define American’s 19 Ways to Stay Positive and Engaged During a Pandemic
- Lifering – support group for individuals struggling with substance abuse.
- Soberistas – provides a platform with a worldwide community to help individuals struggling with substance abuse.
- Miracles in Progress Online – they offer multiple programs and forums for people struggling with issues such as family issues, substance abuse, relationships, and more.
- Harm Reduction for Alcohol – HAMS is a peer-led and free-of-charge support and informational group for anyone who wants to change their drinking habits for the better.
- Linked – offers support to families of those seeking recovery from substance misuse. This app provides multiple resources such as meetings, educational content, and more.
- AA Online Intergroup – is a fellowship of people who share their experience and who support each other to recover from alcoholism.
- Marijuana Anonymous – a support group that helps individuals struggling with marijuana addiction.
- Other available apps:
- Advice Nurse Lines:
- Contra Costa Health Plan: 1-877-661-6230 (select Option 1)
- Anthem Blue Cross: 1-800-224-0336
- Kaiser Permanente: 1-866-454-8855
- Alameda Alliance for Health: 1-888-433-1876 (select Option 2)
- COVID-19 Hotline: 415-473-7191
- Free Medication Delivery – CVS
- VitalSource – list of publishers offering free textbooks
- Z Library – offers free e-textbooks and e-books
- AC Transit – free of charge until further notice
- Immigrants Rising – Tangible Support For Undocumented Communities During COVID-19
- California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance – COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Californians
- UndocuScholars – nationwide resources for undocumented people.
- Also visit their website at www.undocuscholars.com
- Relief Funds For Undocumented Workers in California
- Healthline – 15 Foods That Boost the Immune System
If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to connect with us. Direct appointments with the UCRC can be made though the Contact Us page.