Spanish Language for Heritage Speakers Certificate of Achievement:
- SPAN 22A, Spanish for Bilingual Speakers I, 5 units
- SPAN 22B, Spanish for Bilingual Speakers II, 5 units
Choose 12 units from the following courses:
- M/Lat 30A, Survey of Latin-American Films, 3 Units
- M/Lat 30B, Survey of Latin-American Films, 3 Units
- SPAN 15, Spanish Composition, 3 units
- SPAN 38, Latin American Literature, 3 units
- SPAN 39, Latin American Novel, 3 units
- SPAN 40, Hispanic Civilization and Culture, 3 units
Total minimum units required 22 units
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate oral competence in the Spanish Language: use grammar and vocabulary to demonstrate oral competence in the Spanish language.
- Demonstrate written competence in the Spanish language: use grammar and vocabulary to demonstrate written competence in the Spanish language.
- Describe the culture(s) of the Spanish–speaking world.
- Interpret Spanish-language texts according to their cultural, literary and/or linguistic content.