Are you interested in teaching? in theories of learning? in methods of instruction? in classroom experience? in knowing what it takes to inspire young minds?
Are you looking for a well paid career in education and a wide variety of related opportunities?
TPP at BCC can put you on the right path to becoming a teacher in the area of your passion.
We are part of a larger regional and statewide network to support efforts in addressing the critical teacher shortage. TPP provides the courses, training, certification, and resources necessary to enter or advance in the education field, or boost earning potential while working and attending classes.
- To change the world, one child at a time.
- To create the future
- To give the gift of knowledge to others
- To transform lives
What is Your Passion?
- If you are passionate about working with children birth to five years old, you should consider a career in early childhood education and/or transitional kindergarten or attaining a School Readiness Certificate at BCC;
- If you are passionate about working in an elementary school, you should consider attaining an AA-T in Elementary Teacher Education or an AA in Liberal Studies Teacher Preparation at BCC;
- If you are passionate about working in specialized areas, such as career technical, special education or with English language learners, you should still consider attaining an AA-T in Elementary Teacher Education or an AA in Liberal Studies Teacher Preparation at BCC
- If you are passionate about and majoring in a content area such as English, math, science, social science, health, etc., you might want to consider teaching your passion in a middle or high school and can benefit from taking education classes that could prepare you for a career in teaching.
To learn more about the Education Teacher Preparation Program at Berkeley City College Contact:
Candida Tapia, M.Ed
Faculty and Education Coordinator
phone: (510) 516-1687