Concurrent Enrollment

The Concurrent Enrollment Program (SB 1914) allows undergraduate students who meet certain eligibility criteria and are enrolled at any California Community College, the California State University, or the University of California to enroll, without formal admission in any of the other systems.  BCC also offers a Concurrent Enrollment program with Mills College, a private liberal arts college for women, located in Oakland.

  • The student must be enrolled in at least six units at Berkeley City College during the current semester that the student seeks to cross-enroll at a four year institution.
  • The student must pay the appropriate tuition required by Berkeley City College for the semester in which the student seeks to cross-enroll.
  • The student must have the appropriate academic preparation, as determined by the host campus, consistent with the standard applied to currently enrolled students, i.e., completion of pre-requisites. Admission to the course is subject to availability and instructor approval.
  • The student may not enroll in a course that is offered at Berkeley City College.

UC Berkeley

You may take one undergraduate course per semester at UC Berkeley.

  1. The student has completed at least one semester at Berkeley City College as a matriculated student at the time of application with a GPA of 2.0.
  2. Students cannot enroll in Extension, summer session, graduate level and any other courses not supported by the state.
  3. UC Berkeley charges each student an administration fee, currently $46 per unit.

 CSU East Bay

You may take up to two undergraduate courses per quarter at CSUEB.

  1. Students must have completed at least 20 units at BCC with a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
  2. CC Students formerly enrolled at CSUEB, but were academically disqualified, are not eligible to participate in the Cross Enrollment Program.
  3. CSU East Bay will not charge CEP students tuition, nor will they charge an application fee.

Mills College

You may take one undergraduate lower division course each semester for a total of 4 courses at Mills College.

  1. Students must have completed 12 semester units with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the time of application
  2. Student must be enrolled in at least 9 semester units at BCC, 12 units including the Mills College units, and may not drop below 12 units during the semester.
  3. An international student must take 12 units at BCC, in addition to any cross enrollment units.
  4. There will be no additional tuition or fees charged by the host institution, with the exception of studio or lab fees.

Instructions for registration into Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP) courses

  • Complete a CEP application and turn it in to CEP Coordinator (Andrea Williams). The application is available online and in the Counseling Department on the 2nd floor.
  • Once eligibility is verified, the CEP Coordinator will send the student an email confirmation and the enrollment petition form for the specific Host Campus (4 year school). You will receive this email during finals week.
  • Complete the Student Information section of your enrollment petition form and sign.
  • Submit the form to the CEP Coordinator for the Home (BCC) Campus Certification and signature.
  • Seek approval and obtain signature from the instructor at the Host Campus on the first day of class.
  • Submit the form to the Host Campus Admissions and Records Office, or its equivalent, for enrollment and the Host Campus Certification by their deadline.
  • Submit a copy of the signed enrollment petition form to the CEP Coordinator, at the Home (BCC) Campus.
  • The Host Campus will provide any additional registration instructions. Please refer to the Host Campus enrollment petition for information on classes, library access, withdrawing, and reporting of grades.