BSI Data and Goal Planning
In fall 2015, BCC has the opportunity revisit our current BSI goals and set via our goals for the next five years. Please find our current goals, as well as our success meeting those goals here (BCC 2014-15 BSI Report Goals Activities Expenditures and Plan).
To support our efforts, as part of the Title III, BSI, and Equity initiatives, a large spring data query was run and analyzed by Dr. Eun Rhee of the the PCCD institutional research department.
Please below find a PowerPoint, summary of the data query, as well as three spreadsheets of the data for ESL, English, and mathematics.
Departmental and service area review of the data, feedback, and suggestions for the next BCC BSI goals is most welcome! Please complete the following BSI data and goal planning survey in preparation for our shared goverance fall discussions: BSI Pretransfer Data Review and Goal Planning
For context, the Basic Skills Initiative aims to create innovative programs which incorporate the following categories of action:
- Program, Curriculum Planning and Development
- Student Assessment
- Advisement and Counseling Services
- Supplemental Instruction and Tutoring
- Course Articulation
- Instructional Materials and Equipment
- Other purposes directly related to the enhancement of basic skills, ESL instruction , and related student services programs