A Progressive Coalition Event Promoting Civic Engagement
9/7/19, Berkeley City College, 2050 Center St., Berkeley, CA 94704
Join us on Saturday, September 7th at Berkeley City College!
This is a conference for progressive community advocates and organizers presented by a coalition of organizations and civic engagement groups, with partners in local unions, GOTV alliances, and grassroots activists. Our focus: strategies and tactics to hold the House, take back the Senate and White House, and nourish a culture of active citizenry that heals and sustains our democracy over time.
WHAT DO WE WANT TO ACCOMPLISH?
- Reinforce progressive activism grounded in the strength of diversity and the power of unity
- Engage new activists and recharge seasoned activists and leaders with an array of local and national opportunities to broaden the progressive movement’s impact in 2020
HOW WILL WE DO THAT?
- Keynote presentations, panel discussions, and interactive breakouts featuring national and local leaders in electoral and issue-based advocacy
- Panelists and presenters from diverse organizations include the following leaders, and many more:
- Aimee Allison, Founder and President of She the People
- Kathryn Durham-Hammer, President, Diablo Valley Democratic Club and Lead, Indivisible ReSisters Walnut Creek
- Demnlus Johnson, Councilmember, City of Richmond, CA
- Shawn Kumagai, City Council Member, City of Dublin
- Donald Lathbury, Communications Director and Strategist, Flip the West
- Mallory Long, Training Director, All On The Line
- Colleen McCarthy, Northern California Regional Field Director, Swing Left
- Shawna McKnight, Public Affairs Officer, Planned Parenthood Mar Monte
- Raquel Ortega, Organizer, ACLU of Northern California
- Tamisha Walker, Executive Director, Safe Return Project
- Interactive breakouts include the following, and more:
- 30, Leading Change
- Adventures in Building and Sustaining Grassroots Groups
- Border Crisis, Immigration Policy, and the 2020 Elections
- Census 2020: Everyone Counts
- Centering Community Care in Social and Racial Justice Advocacy
- Exploring the Relationship between Grassroots Activism and the Democratic Party
- Keeping Central Valley Blue
- Out-of-State Electoral Strategies