It’s time to choose your next student government. You will have the opportunity to read about the candidates and proposition and decide who you think should represent you. The role of this organization is to empower the student voice on campus through active participation in shared governance meetings, increase club participation, and assist students in reaching their goals at Berkeley City College. Click here to vote!
Application Opens: Spring 2021
Deadline to Apply: April 16th, 2021
Applications will be done online and you will need a resume for submission – reach out, get help and start working on yours today!
*please review the sample timeline so that you are aware of the potential important dates
We are looking for eager individuals who are:
✓ Interested in growing in their leadership role
✓ Interested in becoming more professional in the work environment
✓ Interested in supporting new and continuing students at BCC
✓ Committed and passionate about promoting educational success!
Please review the Job Description to find out more about responsibilities and qualifications
✓ Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
✓ Have at LEAST one full year left at BCC (a full year is comprised of 3 full semesters)
✓ Be a full time student (5 unit minimum)
✓ Able to attend mandatory weekly staff meetings every Wednesday from 12:30pm-1:30pm
✓ Must have the ability to show up on time frequently for the majority of their shifts
*The link to the job description has the complete list of qualifications- BE SURE TO REVEIW IT
Need help with Student Campus Solutions? Need help with adding and dropping classes? Financial aid and payment? Please view the video tutorial here: https://web.peralta.edu/admissions/video-tutorials-for-student-campus-solutions/
Spring 2021 Elections
Have you been looking for a way to get involved in your community at Berkeley City College? Do you have amazing ideas for different events that you want to see come to life? Joining ASBCC (student government) is the opportunity for that! By joining ASBCC, you are able to plan events that will have a direct impact on the student population, build your leadership and public speaking skills, and give back and support the students at Berkeley City College!
BENEFITS OF JOINING ASBCC
- Represent students in participatory governance.
- Plan campus life events that improve the student experience.
- Grow your network and develop professional relationships.
- Leadership development and public speaking skills.
- Travel to state and national conferences to represent students.
- Gain experience and build your resume.
- Opportunities to build leadership skills.
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled in a minimum of five (5) semester units at Berkeley City College
- Be in good standing with the College and District. Students on academic, progress and/or disciplinary probation CANNOT serve on the ASBCC.
Student Government Applications will be available starting: Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021
Application Package deadline: Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 at 5pm to the Office of Student Activities & Campus Life
Students will be able to vote online on: Tuesday, April 13th, 2021 at 8am until Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 at 11:59pm.
- ASBCC Election Committee
- Application Package 2021 – 2022
- Spring 2021 Elections Timeline
- Associated Students Constitution
- Position Descriptions (page 2-3)
- AP 5410 – Associated Students Election
- BP 2015 – Student Trustee
- Protest Form
- ASBCC Petition Form (waived due to COVID-19)
- Student Trustee Petition Form (waived due to COVID-19)
Office of Student Activities and Campus Life
John Nguyen, Director of Student Activities and Campus Life
Do you need help accessing Canvas for the Spring 2021 semester? We’re here to help you!
Please visit https://www.berkeleycitycollege.edu/wp/de/canvas-resources/ for more information.