System Participatory Governance
- The Senate is recognized by California Community Colleges Board of Governors and Chancellor’s Office as
the official voice of students in system participatory governance in accordance with Title 5, §50002. The
Senate shall maintain system participatory governance as one of its mission’s three pillars of engagement and
act through System Affairs Directors from each Region to facilitate the involvement of students in the same.
Legislative and Policy Advocacy
- The Senate is recognized by the California State Legislature, Office of the Governor, California Student Aid
Commission, and other state agencies as the official voice of students in legislative and policy advocacy. The
Senate shall maintain legislative and policy advocacy as one of its mission’s three pillars of engagement and
act through Legislative Affairs Directors from each Region to facilitate the involvement of students in the
Regional Support and Development
- The Senate is recognized by local associated student organizations as the official voice of students in
regional support and development through the collection, custodianship, and implementation of best
practices for student leadership. The Senate shall maintain regional support and development as one of its
mission’s three pillars of engagement and act through Regional Affairs Directors from each Region to facilitate
the involvement of students in the same.
The guiding vision of the Student Senate for California Community Colleges is to communicate a unified student perspective to relevant constituent groups and elected officials in all matters directly affecting California community college students.
Our Core Beliefs
– Access to a high-quality educational environment is a right for all.
– The welfare and success of future generations of community college students is in our hands.
– In all things, we take into consideration our accountability to our greater constituency of California community college students.
– Our primary obligation is to effectively fulfill our role as a system partner in the statewide shared governance and consultation processes.
– Above all, the long-term sustainability of our organization lies in the integrity of our members and actions and holding steadfast to these principles.
Student Senate Council Executives 2017-2018
Executive Vice President
Vice President of System Affairs
Vice President of Regional Affairs
Vice President of Legislative Affairs
Vice President of Finance
Vice President of Communications
For the full SSCCC 2017-2018 Council Roster, click here.
SSCCC Platinum Region III Executive Officers 2017-2018
Regional Affairs Director
Santa Rosa Junior College
System Affairs Director
Diablo Valley College
|Marlene C. Hurd
Legislative Affairs Director
Disabilities Affairs Officer
Region III Website: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ssccc.region.iii/
SSCCC Spring 2018 General Assembly
Associated Students of Berkeley City College Representatives