Berkeley City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org
- AACJC Midterm Report 2018
- ACCJC Action Letter dated February 3, 2017 – BCC Accreditation Reaffirmed
- ACCJC Follow-up Evaluation Visiting Team Report dated February 2, 2017
- ACCJC Action Letter dated June 29, 2015
- ACCJC Evaluation Visiting Team Report for Berkeley City College (May 11, 2015 REVISED)
- ACCJC July 13, 2014 Letter Setting the Next External Evaluation Team Visit for March 9-12, 2015
- BCC July 3, 2013 Accreditation Letter
The University of California, California State University, and all other accredited colleges and universities give full credit for equivalent courses taken at Berkeley City College.
Pertinent course work offered by the college has been approved by the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges, the State Department of Education and the Veterans Administration.