Career Transfer Center Weekly Newsletter 07/05-07-09:
UC Berkeley’s Community College Transfer Services is hosting annual Transfer
Tuesdays program virtually. The program will take place every Tuesday in June
at 2 pm.
Click on the picture to register.
City Forest is recruiting AmeriCorps Climate Action Leaders for the summer term!
Rennes School of Business:
Global Community College Transfers: Online Summer Mentorship Program
CCCP Scholars Program:
Cal State East Bay
Important next steps
- Spring Advising sessions available: https://marc-strong.youcanbook.me/
CSU East Bay Upper Division GE courses
- Virtual Events
- Digital Pen Pals
- A program that connects you with a current Cal Poly student so you can learn about their experiences in engineering and ask any questions you may have. Sign-up Link.
- We hope you’re able to join our virtual events — please fill out our registration form and we’ll follow up with links to attend! If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- Discord Server
- A Discord server specifically for pre-transfer students interested in Cal Poly SLO! Here, students will be able to have direct contact with many other transfer students. Students will be able to hear about upcoming events and resources, connect with other community college students, and ask any questions as they arise. Link to join!
- Digital Pen Pals
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
UC Santa Barbara Resources and Transfer Events:
Discover Berkeley webinar series:
Please visit their events website for current events, and recordings of past
UC Irvine Virtual Events:
UC Irvine will be offering different virtual events this coming month, including campus presentations for first-year applicants, transfer advising appointments, and virtual tours! Please use the following link to look at the upcoming dates: https://admissions.uci.edu/discover/visit/events.php
They will also be offering one-on-one advising appointments for students every Thursday till the 25th of November. Please use the following link to schedule an appointment: https://calendly.com/ucrtoa-vincent/f21?month=2021-10&date=2021-10-21
Join UC San Diego staff, students, and faculty for a variety of Triton Talk webinars! From academics to student life, learn about the various resources, programs, and opportunities you’ll have at your fingertips at UC San Diego.
- Please visit their events website for current events, and recordings of past webinars: https://admissions.ucsd.edu/visit/events/index.html
UC Davis Admissions Webinar:
Interested in UC Davis! Come learn from a current UC Davis student about academic opportunities, campus life, and the admissions process.
Link to the current and upcoming webinars: https://www.ucdavis.edu/admissions/undergraduate/events
UC Santa Cruz Upcoming Virtual Events:
UC Santa Cruz will be offering various different virtual events for prospective students over the next few months! Please visit the following link to see upcoming events: https://admissions.ucsc.edu/resources-support/events
UC Santa Cruz Transfer Information CMMU:
If students have any questions regarding the Community Studies Major here at UCSC, and how community organizing and social justice-oriented field study looks in a world contending with COVID-19, please do not hesitate to contact the Program Manager, Brenna Candelaria, at email@example.com.
Transfer information flyer: CMMU Transfer Three-Fold Brochure
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU):
Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities
Transfer Guide to California Independent, Nonprofit Colleges and Universities. AICCU’s transfer guide provides the important information students will need when considering California’s independent, nonprofit colleges and universities in their future plans, including admissions and course requirement information.
Southern New Hampshire University & California Community Colleges Partnership:
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) and the California Community Colleges have recently signed a partnership/articulation agreement together!
The partnership benefits for California Community Colleges include:
- A 10% tuition savings for all undergraduate and graduate online degree programs. The undergraduate tuition extended to students is $288 per credit hour.
- All staff, faculty, and family members are eligible for tuition savings. (Self-identify and complete scholarship form each term.)
- Waived enrollment fees.
- A dedicated support team.
- U.S. Military (full-time, part-time, spouse of active duty) will receive a 30% reduced tuition rate.
Learn more about the pathways for California Community Colleges here: https://www.snhu.edu/ccc
National University will be hosting various webinars daily, as well as offering one on one appointments with students as well. Please see the links below for further information:
Please use the following link to view what webinars are available: https://nu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_NOr6TI86TymTt9xNZkULBw
For one on one appointments with the representative please use the following link: https://calendly.com/ngholamzadeh
The Academy of Art University:
The Academy of Art University offers 30 plus degrees in art & design and their courses can be completed on-campus or online. Here is some information for transfer students, as well as upcoming events.
To learn about the transfer process, requirements, and how to submit an application, please use the following link: https://www.academyart.edu/admissions/transfer-students/
For more information about the Academy of Art University and its programs, please fill out their contact form: https://www.academyart.edu/form-request-information/
For their upcoming open houses and webinars, please refer to the link: https://www.academyart.edu/admissions/visit-us/open-houses/
Get to know Genomon, get an inside look at everything the campus has to offer by watching their 2021 campus video! A 35,000 sq ft. facility featuring nine state-of-the-art computer labs, four drawing classrooms, a sculpture studio, a 70 ft. green screen stage, lounges, a student store, and the Gnomon Gallery.
For more information, and to make an appointment with an admissions advisor please use the following link:
At San Francisco State they offer a B.S. in Environmental Studies, Natural Resource and Conservation, and Environmental Studies B.A. Please click on the image or the title of this post to view the full brochure for the major. Here is a video that explains what the program is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=–T2oKQiCNw#action=share
For any additional information please check out their website at: https://pace.sfsu.edu/envs
If you would like to talk with a current major about the program, they can sign up to be connected with a student “ambassador” here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScHCIULhSYwqaeWAwNh31a9ipAbde8XSSEctDZDX56pkEGHxA/viewform
Grand Canyon University:
If interested in Grand Canyon University a counselor will be meeting with students on the first Tuesday of every month! Please use the following link to register to meet with a counselor: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0kdO6oqTguGtRvoXZt1MkUuCSyq8R8ylVM
Bridges Multicultural Resource Center serves underrepresented, students of color to pursue opportunities for post-secondary education.
Their community college mentorship program pairs select CCC students with mentors from bridges, who provide guidance, support, and professional development of mentees.
If you are interested please fill out this google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6szMagQgbJP3d6RV1V4iFTJNT0SWMiJbeAX-wsH5TBQWzJw/viewform
For more information about Bridges please visit their website: https://bridges.berkeley.edu/
Mount Saint Mary’s University Information:
Virtual Resources: To learn more about MSMU go to this link.
Guided Virtual Campus Tour: Admission representatives are available to walk you through our 360-degree views of both the Chalon and Doheny campuses. Tours last close to an hour, and there is an opportunity for interaction throughout. Come have your questions answered and envision life at the Mount!
Self- Guided Virtual Campus Tour: You can explore our Chalon and Doheny campuses at their own pace while learning more about our rich history in Los Angeles, relevant academic offerings, and vibrant student life.
UC Santa Cruz Transfer Prep Program:
For more information about Majors and Minors go to the USCS website.
If interested in the program please contact Ambrosia Shapiro at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact your local UCSC representatives please check out their website.
To schedule an appointment with a Transfer Prep Program representative please go to this link.
Important Updates from San Francisco State University:
Fall 2021 – Applications will be accepted starting Thursday, Oct 1, 2020. Lower Division Transfer (LDT) option to students with less than 60 transferable semester units prior to transferring to SF State. The eligibility criteria for the LDT are:
- have graduated from high school or earned a GED certificate
- earned the specified GPA in ‘a-g’ courses based on your residence or high school
- 2.50 or greater for California residents or graduates of a California high school
- 3.00 or greater for all other applicants
- completion of the 30-unit comprehensive “a-g” pattern of college preparatory course either in high school or with additional college coursework
- have achieved an overall college GPA of a least 2.00 in all transferable courses; impacted majors may require a higher GPA
- be in good standing at the last college or university attended
- completion of a course in Written Communication [GE Area A2] and a course in mathematics or quantitative reasoning [GE Area B4] with a grade or C- or better
These Majors are will no longer be impacted starting Fall 2021: Health Education, Industrial Design, Visual Communication Design, and Kinesiology (Integrated Teacher Education Program for PE)
*Please make sure to visit the San Francisco State website to learn more. Check out their admissions website!*
Please check the website for the program’s requirements
Berkeley Undergraduate Mentorship Program:
College is a whole new chapter of life and Cal is a big campus. A group of upperclassmen students from Klesis who have been through the journey of freshman year and are here to help you find your way! BUMP Upperclassmen are here to help in all aspects of your college career, from Q&A’s to seminars to career advice.
Website Link: https://berkeley.klesis.org/bump-mentorship