The TLC has a dedicated space at BCC’s 2050 Center Street building.
Please use the room!
All part and full-time faculty and staff are welcome and encouraged to use room 341. It’s a well-lit, comfortable place to eat your lunch, use your laptop or a desktop computer, take a break in the electric massage chair, grade papers, and meet informally with colleagues.
The door is usually open, but if it’s locked, you will need the door code for access–please email the TLC for the code (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Is there a printer in the TLC? Yes – a high-quality, automatic double-sided one.
- Is there a copy machine in the TLC? Yes, but it’s one of those designated for 3rd-floor Student Services staff only.
- Can I hold office hours or meet with students in the TLC? Sorry, this space is reserved for faculty and staff. Try the small conference room on the 5th floor (paper self-sign-up in the copy room), or for larger groups, try 451A/B (ask Marilyn Montague at the 4th floor reception desk), or reserve a classroom (ask Johnny Dong on the 4th floor).
- You are welcome to hold meetings and events in the TLC, Room 341.
To reserve the room:
1. Check availability by clicking this link: Teaching and Learning Center Events Calendar
2. Email the TLC at email@example.com to request a reservation. Please let us know the name of the event, as it will appear on the public calendar.
To support the goals of the Teaching and Learning Center, the following reservation policies have been adopted by the Advisory Committee:
- In order to schedule a meeting that will require the entire main room, reservations must be made in advance (see above).
- Priority for reservations will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. Some regularly scheduled meetings may be moved for special events.
- Only faculty and staff may reserve the room for events.
- Only faculty, staff, and administration may use the room at any time–not students.
- Please note that the TLC is not a good location for closed-door meetings with confidential content such as Tenure Review Committees or job interviews, as the Assessment/Curriculum specialist’s office is located inside, and there is some through traffic.
- Some committees choose to schedule their regular meetings in the TLC space but TLC has priority for all events and those committees may be, from time to time, asked to temporarily reschedule or find another meeting space.
*** All Peralta Community College District, Berkeley City College, City of Berkeley, Alameda County, State of California, and/or Federal mandated policies for health and safety (including potential vaccine registration or masking, etc.) must be followed at all times.***