The Adult Education Transitions Program
Adult Transitions Program works with its new and existing partners to foster a seamless transition into the Peralta Community College system. We meet one-on-one with adult learners to discuss their interests, values and skills. We have a series of college success workshops that provide assistance through the matriculation process to Peralta college and help each student identify possible college and career options. The student can then learn what type of education is needed and have a clearer understanding of what it will take to obtain that goal. We are here as a support, create connections to resources available at the Peralta colleges and to offer guidance. In Spring 2021 we have 402 adult students in the program attending the 4 Peralta Colleges.
- Specialized support for adult students looking to start a college career
- Career/Major Exploration (Counseling 200A, 200B, 207A)
- Financial Aid Support
- Application Support
- Assessment Support
Please contact our Project Manager/Transitions Liaison at email@example.com or (510) 990-0255 (cell/text) if you are:
- An adult student returning to school, transitioning to community college from an Adult School or a Community Based Organization.
- A representative of an Adult School, Community Based Organization, Court or Community school, or any other entity interested
in partnering with BCC Adult Education Program.
- A student who is looking to enroll in our non-credit programs in ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages), Community Health Worker Certificate or MMART.
- Interested in having an introductory meeting, program presentations, enrollment and financial aid assistance, and college tours.
Request for Transition Services
Make an appointment to meet with the Project Manager/TL by clicking the button below:
Student Support Services
We made this helpful tool to have you see what resources on campus you might qualify for: