Resources for Career Exploration
The following are some sites you may find useful for career exploration, including internship, and employment opportunities.
Job Search Recourses
- Career Center at UC Berkeley – many resources including their Job & Internship Guide
- Localwise — Discover awesome jobs at local businesses. Hundreds of restaurants, boutiques, bookstores, salons, fitness studios, nonprofits, and more are hiring near you!
- Instawork – Local job site in the Bay Area helping small businesses hire full-time and part-time workers.
- Neuvoo – Neuvoo is a free job search aggregator that indexes jobs directly from companies’ career websites, placement agencies and job boards.
Quick Job opportunities
- Chegg Online Tutor – Chegg tutors is an online, on-demand tutoring service that connects students in need of tutoring with bright, talented tutors in any subject.
- Mathnasium of Albany-Berkeley – Part-time jobs for college students in the Albany-Berkeley area for K-12 math instructors.
- Insurance Sales Agent – Our non-captive insurance agency is looking to hire FULL time, motivated sales agents. You will be representing some of the top A+ rated carriers in the industry.
- Berkeley Tennis Club Desk Manager – The Berkeley Tennis Club are currently hiring for a front desk manager who is a hard worker. Great job for students and great pay!
- Yu Ming Charter School is hiring people for a couple open positions for those who have leadership and hard working:
- Home Care Provider – Get START DATES and job description here.
- Amazon Driver – Now are hiring F/T and P/T Amazon Drivers.
- AVID Tutor Berkeley – paid hourly to work as an AVID tutor at Berkeley Unified School District.
- AVID Tutor SF – paid hourly to work as an AVID tutor at San Francisco Unified School District.
- O.N. Diagnostics – O.N. Diagnostics is looking for a part time image analyst in downtown Berkeley.
- Senior Scientist Job Description – Looking for a hard working Senior Scientist will perform non-destructive assay measurements on nuclear material.
- YH Bookkeeping, Inc. – YH Bookkeeping, Inc. is seeking a coachable and driven individual to join their team.
- Police Officer – Full-time positions for police officers is needed at Kentfield & Indian Valley (Novato) Campuses, California.
- Legal Aid Association of California – The LAAC seeks volunteers as LiveChat Operators to help people navigate LawHelpCA.org
- Children’s Program Leader – Must apply on the City of Hercules website and submit electronically.
- After School Program Associate – St. Paul’s seeks to fill After School Program positions with experienced, dynamic
individuals who will assist with the their after school program.
- SEIU International – SEUI are seeking energetic and passionate individuals interested in starting social justice careers in labor organizing.
Police Property Technician – Apply now to The City of Richmond Police Property Technician position in the link provided.
- Source Control Superintendent – If you have any experience or education in the STEM field apply to this job offered by the City of Richmond.
- Children’s Program Director – Must apply on the City of Hercules website and submit electronically.
- San Francisco Comic Con – The SFCC is offering a unique opportunity for students to work in the fields of entertainment, marketing, event planning, and business. It’s a fun event to experience! Deadline to apply : August 26, 2016.
- ZNB Solutions LLC– Get Paid To give out FREE CELL PHONES MAKE OVER $1000 a WEEK Safe Link is now hiring Sales Representatives.
- Master Showroom Attendant – California Closets seeks a reliable, full-time and part-time Showroom Attendant that would be available to work in our Berkeley, San Francisco, Larkspur, and Walnut Creek design studios.
- Student Assistant – Berkeley Lab’s Workforce Development & Education office is looking for a Student Assistant Science Instructor.
- FTTime Member & Gap Year Americorps Academic Intervention Specialist – These opportunity will be of special benefit to individuals looking for post-grad careers in: Education,Social Work,Human Development,Community Organizing & Development,Ed. Policy
- The City of Walnut Creek’s Community and Economic Development Department is seeking an intern to assist the Housing Division in a variety of projects on a part-time basis.