Area: Multimedia Arts
Would shorter certificates result in more retention and persistence in MMArts?
Surveyed MMArts students.
- A majority of students taking courses are looking to upgrade their professional skills and only ⅓ of students are trying to transfer;
- A majority of students already have degrees;
- People with only GEDs or high school grads are not earning certificates (why?);
- Many students dropped classes because of external conflicts or didn’t understand what the course might teach them.
- Develop more focused and easily obtainable certificates (that are stackable) to increase student success.
Filed under: Final Reports