Luz O. Moreno
- What are the factors that hinder or support Latino BCC students in completing their academic goals?
- How can the counselors and classroom faculty address these factors?
- A clear educational plan that helps them understand the connection between their classes and their overarching goals;
- Availability of instructors during office hours;
- Tutors who support ESL students through skill-building and encouragement;
- EOPS for computer and printing services, book loans and voucher.
- Lack of parental support & being a first-generation student (not having knowledge of what classes to take, etc.);
- Rushed and sometimes impersonal counseling;
- Balancing responsibilities (working, family, etc.).
- More access and knowledge of how counselors can help them achieve their educational goals;
- Life skills workshops, i.e., time management;
- Inclusion of parents to help them understand the demands of college and how to support their student-children.