What are the thought processes or strategies students use to assist them in comprehending English reading material?
- Students take time to get organized in groups. They need time to warm-up;
- Allow more group activity time;
- Create tasks that refute the notion of a teacher-centered classroom;
- Provide students with lexical bundles/fixed phrases/templates for use in discussions.
- Create more opportunities in all skill areas to respond to texts (They Say/I Say);
- Frequent quick writes in response to texts;
- Ramp up extensive reading;
- Develop students’ cultural, geographical, and historical knowledge of the U.S..
Filed under: Final Reports