Learning Resources Center / Tutoring
The mission of the Jerry Adams Learning Resources Center at Berkeley City College is to ensure student success in academic and career/technical endeavors, through individual and/or group tutoring. We address students’ academic needs in basic skills, including English, ESL, and math, and in other program areas, as well as their ability to work effectively in a college environment and their personal development as it relates to academic success. We endeavor to challenge and support our students, working together to motivate and empower them, while responding to their individual needs.
We have tutors for the following:
- All math (basic skills are emphasized)
- One-on-One Writing Coach Sessions – NEW for All BCC Students (South Campus, Rm 201) – see instructions below
Drop in appointments are not encouraged, but are sometimes available.
Please call: (510) 981-2971
to schedule an appointment
Fall and Spring Hours: Monday Thru Friday
10AM to 6PM
Front desk and phones close at 5pm Monday-Friday
How to use the Tutoring LRC facilities:
Step 1 – Log into PASSPORT and add LRNRE 501 to your schedule using the current class code. (There should be ONLY ONE CODE). This is a no credit class for the purpose of collecting student’s time in tutoring and using computers.
Step 2 – Print out two copies of your class schedule. You will need to bring them to the computer lab to sign a lab contract. Keep this schedule with you at all times.
Step 3 – Bring your class schedule with you whenever you use these facilities.
To study: log on the computer next to the receptionist with your student id number. Choose the subject which you are going to study. When you have completed studying, please log out.
Bring your class schedule to the receptionist, showing you have signed up for LRNRE 501. Make an appointment, or if you already have one, log in to the computer next to the receptionist. Bring your class schedule and appointment slip to the tutor. After your session, please log out.
Computer labs are available for all BCC students.
- You may be required to show your student ID each time you use the computer lab.
- You must read and sign an Acceptable Use Policy.
- You must purchase a print card at the Cashier’s Office before printing.
Computer Lab Room 125 Hours (Courses are sometimes taught in the labs and have priority.)
Monday – Thursday, 10 am – 6 pm
Friday, 10 am – 3 pm
*Hours are subject to change so please call (510) 981-2871 for current hours and days.
One-on-One Writing Coach
WRITING COACH SESSIONS take place Monday through Thursday from 12:00-2 PM and from 4:00-6:00 PM.
- To schedule an appointment with a writing coach, stop by the South Campus LRC, any time from noon to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. View map showing South Campus.
- DROP IN COACHING is available—only if there is a same-day cancellation.
- Take advantage of One-on-One support for your BCC papers and projects!
- View the One-on-One Writing Coach flyer here
South Campus Learning Resource Center (Room 201) is also open from 12:00 PM TO 6:00 PM Monday through Friday for all BCC Students to use for study purposes.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Loretta Kane at email@example.com