New Faculty and Staff Orientation – Fall 2013 Tuesdays from 12:15 – 1:15 PM
New Faculty and Staff Orientation – Fall 2013
Tuesdays from 12:15 – 1:15 PM
Joan Berezin, New Faculty and Staff Orientation leader
- 8/27 in TLC –*Lunch and welcome from the BCC President Debbie Budd and introductions of all (Please RSVP to email@example.com by 8/20 if you want lunch and specify whether you want a vegetarian option)
- 9/10 in the TLC – F “What every new fulltime faculty should know” Jayne Matthews, former Department and curriculum committee chair and Joe Doyle, PFT chapter chair (include how to do a syllabus and info on union contract)
- 9/10 in 451A — C “What every fulltime classified staff should know” — include presentations about contract presenters to be asked
- 9/24 in TLC — *Overview of Student Services and Office of Instruction — Lilia Celhay, Interim VP of I and Sylvia Espinosa, Staff Assistant Office of I and Brenda Johnson, Dean of SS and Ramona Butler, Staff Assistant to the Dean of SS and walk thru of 2nd and 4th floors with introduction of office staff for both.
- 10/8 in the TLC — *“The History and Culture of BCC/Vista” and current demographics of the college — Shirley Fogarino. Public Information Officer
- 10/22 in the TLC –*Presentation of all college governing structures, grants and funding opportunities and all student organizations. Debbie Budd, President, Katherine Bergman Director of Special Projects, , Mustafa Ghous, Student Activities Director
- 11/5 in 451A — F Faculty Senate and curriculum committees and their duties –Faculty Senate President Cleavon Smith, Dylan Eret, Curriculum Committee Chair
- 11/19 in the TLC –F Presentation on Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment – Jenny Lowood, SL:O and Assessment Coordinator and Staff Development opportunities Gabe Winer TLC coordinator.
- 12/3 – 451A – F “Classroom management strategies, support services for students with special needs” – Counseling and Student Services panel. Presenters to be asked.
- All new part time and fulltime Faculty and classified staff welcome
F = Just for new fulltime and part time faculty
C = Just for new fulltime or part time classified staff