Banner Image: Scenes from around campus

Other Funding

How to Apply for Other Funding


Note: The application form is at the bottom of this page; please read all relevant information before clicking on the link.


Collaborative projects: If you’d like to propose a collaborative project, please follow this link to the Teaching and Learning Center website to learn more about our programs, and email the TLC Coordinator,


Course tuition, memberships, and subscriptions can be reimbursed and do not go through the travel request process. Please scroll down and complete the Common Application to apply for reimbursement.


Food for meetings (not meals on a trip): The District has strict guidelines for food expenditures – please read this before requesting funds for food: District Administration Procedure #6385, and then use the Common Application below. You’ll be asked to submit an agenda for the meeting that demonstrates that the meeting is at least 2 hours long and is not part of regular business for the group.


To apply for funds for activities that DO NOT involve travel or conferences:

If Application Submitted by: Requests will be considered at this PD Meeting:
Wednesday September 6, 2017 Wednesday September 13, 2017
Wednesday October 4, 2017 Wednesday October 11, 2017
Wednesday November 1, 2017 Wednesday November 8, 2017
Wednesday December 6, 2017 Wednesday December 13, 2017
Monday February 12, 2018 Wednesday February 14, 2018
Monday March 12, 2018 Wednesday March 14, 2018
Monday April 9, 2018 Wednesday April 11, 2018
Monday May 7, 2018 Wednesday May 9, 2018


Note: Even a conference at UC Berkeley has to follow the entire travel procedure. Look at the In-State Travel page for more details.


Anything you do off-site, if you’d like the district to reimburse registration, even if you’re not asking for the transportation costs, this all counts as “travel”. Examples: registration for a seminar at UC Berkeley counts as “travel”. Request for reimbursement for conference registration anywhere that is not inside the BCC building or online, even if you are paying for the actual traveling out of pocket, counts as “travel”, and must follow the entire In-State Travel procedure.


If your request is for any event including travel (even if it is nearby, and even if you are not asking for transportation costs), you must begin the travel request process quite early, as it is long and complex, and must be completed well before the travel date. Please follow the In-State Travel procedures.



  1. Complete the Common Application for Professional Development Funds (link below).
  2. The PD Committee will review requests received on time at each meeting. You are more than welcome to come in person to the meeting to answer any questions that come up, but this is not required.
  3. The Professional Development Chair will email you within two days after the meeting to let you know whether you were approved, and if so, for how much.
  4. Download and fill out the district’s vendor application form if you have never filled one out before. You only need to fill out pages 2 and 11.
  5. Please follow up with Jennifer Lenahan at to access your funding. She will need your filled out vendor application form and any receipts for your activities.

Finally, here it is: please click this link to complete an online form that will be received by the PD Committee:



  • Professional Development

    Sunday 24 June 2018


BCC Home