How to Apply for In-State Activities including Travel
The Professional Development Committee can fund a maximum of $600 for in-state travel.
Note: The application form is at the bottom of this page; please read all relevant information before clicking on the link.
|To apply for travel within California anytime ON OR AFTER this date:||If all 3 completed —
1) Travel Request Form
3) Common Application
by this date:
|Requests will be considered at this PD Meeting:|
|Wednesday October 19, 2016||Wednesday September 12, 2016||Wednesday September 14, 2016|
|Wednesday November 23, 2016||Wednesday October 5, 2016||Wednesday October 12, 2016|
|Wednesday December 21, 2016||Wednesday November 2, 2016||Wednesday November 9, 2016|
|Wednesday January 25, 2017||Wednesday December 7, 2016||Wednesday December 14, 2016|
|Wednesday March 22, 2017||Wednesday February 1, 2017||Wednesday February 8, 2017|
|Wednesday April 19, 2017||Wednesday March 1, 2017||Wednesday March 8, 2017|
|Wednesday, May 24, 2017||Wednesday April 5, 2017||Wednesday April 12, 2017|
|Wednesday June 21, 2017||Wednesday May 3, 2017||Wednesday May 10, 2017|
There are 2 parts to the travel claim/request process: the actual forms are 2 tabs of an Excel that you can’t complete by yourself unless you have access to the budget codes. Each of the parts must be completed electronically, sent to Joanna, printed out, and then sent through several signatures, on paper, to the district and back, in a packet with all the documents, in order to be approved:
- The Travel Request form, with associated documents must be approved by the Chancellor a minimum of a month before you travel. If you are going out of state, your request must be additionally approved before an open Board of Trustees meeting, and put on the agenda well before the monthly meeting. Please work with Joanna to complete the Part 1: Request and your collection of supporting documents before you even do the Common Application.
- The Travel Claim form, with associated receipts, is completed after you return, and sent through several signatures. It must be submitted with original receipts within 2 weeks of your return.
Click here to see the Flow Chart of Travel Requisition Processing for a visual overview.
- Please click this link to open the Travel Request and Claim excel form:
Form 7400- Travel Request rev. 2016 (revised January 2016)
Complete it to the best of your abilities. Save it with your name in the file, and send it to Joanna Louie, email@example.com, who can advise you on any points of confusion.
- Print out copies of the following with relevant dates/amounts highlighted, and bring to Joanna in person in the 1st floor business office, or leave in her mailbox:
- conference agenda
- registration and/or membership fee information
- hotel cost information (OK if you didn’t pay for it yet)
- if driving, google map showing mileage, from closest of your home or BCC, to the conference location
- if flying, printout of flight reservation with costs (OK if you didn’t pay for it yet)
- if renting a car, the reservation page with amounts
- if BARTing, the 511 trip planner printout
- if shuttling/taxiing, printout of estimate: http://www.taxifarefinder.com/
- if parking, printout of rates
- documentation of any other estimated costs
Note to anyone who is asking for partial reimbursement for certain costs or up to a certain amount- please submit all these things even if you are not asking the district to pay for all of them – e.g. if they are only paying for registration and lodging, you still need to show the flight, etc.
Note to anyone going out of state: you might want to put a non-personal phone # and email on the request form, because a PDF of it will be posted publicly on the Internet when it goes to the board of trustees meeting for approval.
Joanna will correct your travel request form if necessary, add the appropriate budget codes, print it, have you sign it, check your other documents, and bring it to the Professional Development meeting.
- After the meeting, the Professional Development Chair will send you an email confirming whether your application was approved, and for how much. Please follow up with Joanna from that point.
- Before traveling, open this link to read instructions for receipts and travel claim.
ALL APPLICANTS for FUNDING, TRAVEL OR NOT:
- Complete the Common Application (link below)
- The PD Committee will review requests received on time at each meeting. You are more than welcome to come in person to the meeting to answer any questions that come up, but this is not required.
- The Professional Development Chair will email you within two days to let you know whether you were approved, and if so, for how much.
- Please follow up with Joanna from that point.
Finally, here it is: please click this link to complete an online form that will be received by the PD Committee: