SEPUP Scientific Thinking
Identify who is (or are) the carrier(s) of the disease.
Use the information on the Interview Cards to develop a supportable hypothesis for the path of transmission of the disease.
Evidence from Interviews
1. Read the information on the Interview Cards below.
2. Discuss with your partner how the disease may have spread from person to person.
3. Move the cards around to develop a disease web showing who could have caught the disease from whom.
4. Create a diagram that shows your completed disease web.
Be sure to include how you think these people are connected.
5. Develop a hypothesis as to which person (or people) may be the carrier(s) of the disease.
Make sure that your choice of person (or people) is consistent with your disease web.
Click here to see a correct hypothesis and disease web for this activity.