Math 3A Calculus
Theorems on limits and continuous functions, derivatives, differentials, and applications; fundamental theorem of calculus, and applications, properties of exponential, logarithmic, and inverse trigonometric functions, and hyperbolic functions.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Representation: Represent relevant information in various mathematical or algorithmic forms. (conversion of words to mathematical symbols and graphs)
- Calculation: Calculate accurately and comprehensively.
- Interpretation: Interpret information presented in mathematical or algorithmic forms. (for example, interpretations of equations, graphs, diagrams, tables)
- Application/Analysis: Draw appropriate conclusions based on the quantitative analysis of data, while recognizing the limits of this analysis. (problem solving)
- Communication: Explain quantitative evidence and analysis. (conversion of mathematical symbols and graphs to words)
Acceptable for credit:
AA/AS area 4b
CSU area B4
IGETC area 2A