Math 50 Trigonometry
Introduction to functional trigonometry including basic definitions, identities, graphs, inverse functions, trigonometric equations and applications, solution of triangles and applications, polar coordinates, complex numbers, and De Moivre’s Theorem.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Apply geometric and trigonometric ideas to real world problems.
2. Compute values of basic trigonometric functions using the right triangle and unit circle approach.
3. Prove identities and solve basic trigonometric equations.
4. Graph the trigonometric functions using concepts of amplitude and periodicity.
5. Apply the laws of sine and cosine.
Acceptable for credit:
AA/AS area 4b.
CSU area B4.