Math 2 Precalculus with Analytic Geometry
Advanced algebra and analytic geometry: Linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational, exponential and logarithmic functions, inverse functions, determinants, matrices and linear systems, zeros of polynomials, arithmetic and geometric sequences, mathematical induction, permutations and combinations, binomial theorem, vectors, conic sections, translation and rotation of axes, polar coordinates, lines and surfaces in space.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Representation: Represent relevant information in various mathematical or algorithmic forms. (conversion of words to mathematical symbols and graphs)
- Calculation: Calculate accurately and comprehensively.
- Interpretation: Interpret information presented in mathematical or algorithmic forms. (for example, interpretations of equations, graphs, diagrams, tables)
- Application/Analysis: Draw appropriate conclusions based on the quantitative analysis of data, while recognizing the limits of this analysis. (problem solving)
- Communication: Explain quantitative evidence and analysis. (conversion of mathematical symbols and graphs to words)
Acceptable for Credit:
AA/AS area 4b
CSU area B4
IGETC area 2A
Trigonometry (Math 50) and Intermediate Algebra (Math 203)