Math 2 Precalculus with Analytic Geometry
Advanced algebra and analytic geometry: Linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational, exponential and logarithmic functions, inverse functions, determinants, matrices and linear systems, zeros of polynomials, arithmetic and geometric sequences, mathematical induction, permutations and combinations, binomial theorem, vectors, conic sections, translation and rotation of axes, polar coordinates, lines and surfaces in space.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Solve linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational, radical, trig0nometric, exponential and logarithmic equations.
- Find the inverse of a function if it exists.
- Identify equations of conic sections and sketch the graphs of conic sections in both Cartesian and polar coordinate systems.
- Solve systems of linear equations and non-linear equations and inequalities.
- Use linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational, radical, trig0nometric, exponential and logarithmic functions to model and solve real world problems.
- Determine the sum of arithmetic sequences and determine the convergence or divergence of geometric series, and use these concepts to solve basic applications.
Acceptable for Credit:
AA/AS area 4b
CSU area B4
IGETC area 2A
Trigonometry (Math 50) and Intermediate Algebra (Math 203)