There are two ways to see a counselor:
Drop-In counseling is available throughout the day in the Counseling Department on a first-come, first serve basis. This type of meeting is limited to 10 minutes and is intended for simple, short answer questions. We encourage all students to make counseling appointments to make sure time is provided to meet your needs.
- - Excess Units
- - High School Student-Concurrent Enrollment
- - Prerequisite Review
- - Probation Hold
Scheduled 30-minutes appointments may be made at the front desk of the Counseling office, or by calling 510/981-5036.
Appointments provide an opportunity to develop an educational plan, review transcripts and discuss many other issues related to your progress. If necessary, counseling appointments may be cancelled in advance by calling the number above.
- - Dismissal Re-admit Petition
- - Career Exploration
- - Financial Aid Petition
- - Graduation Petition (AA/AS or Certificate)
- - Out of District Transcripts (Bring copies to your appointment)
- - Crisis Counseling and Referrals
- - Student Educational Plan (Initial & Update)
- - Transfer Planning
- - Veteran Student Educational Plan
At the beginning of each semester, appointments are not available. All students are seen on a drop-in basis only. This allows counselors to provide maximum assistance for scheduling and enrollment concerns for all students.
Posted in: FAQs