You may be eligible for concurrent enrollment programs with Mills College, CSU East Bay, or U.C. Berkeley. See Tamara Harris-Coleman for details. You can reach her at 510/981-2962 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Requirements for CEP Students:
- Completed English 1A at the time of application for CEP.
- Does not have a 4-year Degree.
- Has not previously attended a 4-year institution.
- Course(s) not offered at Berkeley City College.
- Official transcripts from community colleges outside of the Peralta District on file.
- Student Educational Plan on file.
Concurrent enrollment program with U.C. Berkeley – Students may take one (1) undergraduate lower division course at the university each semester for a maximum of two (2) semesters. In order to participate students must:
- Have completed twenty (20) U.C. transferable semester units with a cumulative grade point average of 2.4 at the time of application.
- Met all course prerequisites for the course they plan to enroll.
- Passed all prior CEP courses with at least a “C” grade (no C-) .
- Has not received any incompletes (Once the incomplete has been changed to a grade of at least “C”, the student may continue with concurrent enrollment).
Concurrent enrollment program with Mills College – Students may take one (1) undergraduate lower division course at the university each semester for a total of four (4) courses, (subject to availability and instructor approval) provided the course is not offered at Berkeley City College. In order to participate students must:
- Have completed twelve (12) semester units with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 at the time of application.
- Be enrolled in at least 12 semester units, which include units taken at Mills College and may not drop below full-time status during the semester.
- Have completed any prerequisite course necessary to the course to be taken.
- Have a SEP on file at the time of application.
Cal State East Bay
- Completed 20 transferable units with a GPA of at least 2.0
- Not taken more than 70 transferable units.
- Met all course prerequisites for the course they plan to enroll in.
Final Requirements (TBD at the beginning of semester)
- Has mainained good standing at BCC since time of CEP application.
- Enrolled in at least six units at BCC during the semester that they participate in CEP.
- Enrolled full-time (12 units), including the units taken through CEP.
Concurrent Enrollment Program Application is available at the Counseling Department