You may be eligible for concurrent enrollment programs with Mills College, CSU East Bay, or U.C. Berkeley. See Tamara Harris-Coleman for details. You can reach her at 510-981-2962 or email her at email@example.com.
General Requirements for CEP Students:
- Completed English 1A at the time of application for Concurrent Enrollment.
- Does not have a 4-year Degree.
- Has not previously attended a 4-year institution.
- Course(s) not offered at Berkeley City College.
- Official transcripts from community colleges outside of the Peralta District on file.
- Student Educational Plan on file.
Concurrent enrollment program with U.C. Berkeley – Students may take one (1) undergraduate lower division course at the university each semester for a maximum of two (2) semesters. In order to participate students must:
- Have completed twenty (20) U.C. transferable semester units with a cumulative grade point average of 2.4 at the time of application.
- Met all course prerequisites for the course they plan to enroll.
- Passed all prior CEP courses with at least a “C” grade (no C-) .
- Has not received any incompletes (Once the incomplete has been changed to a grade of at least “C”, the student may continue with concurrent enrollment).
Beginning Fall 2015 the Concurrent Enrollment Program with UC Berkeley will not be available.
Please contact the BCC Counseling Department in April 2015 for updated information.
Concurrent enrollment program with Mills College – Students may take one (1) undergraduate lower division course at the university each semester for a total of four (4) courses, (subject to availability and instructor approval) provided the course is not offered at Berkeley City College. In order to participate students must:
- Have completed twelve (12) semester units with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 at the time of application.
- Be enrolled in at least 12 semester units, which include units taken at Mills College and may not drop below full-time status during the semester.
- Have completed any prerequisite course necessary to the course to be taken.
- Have a SEP on file at the time of application.
Cal State East Bay
- Completed 20 transferable units with a GPA of at least 2.0
- Not taken more than 70 transferable units.
- Met all course prerequisites for the course they plan to enroll in.
Final Requirements (TBD at the beginning of semester)
- Has mainained good standing at BCC since time of CEP application.
- Enrolled in at least six units at BCC during the semester that they participate in CEP.
- Enrolled full-time (12 units), including the units taken through CEP.
Concurrent Enrollment Program Application is available at the Counseling Department